Snowblower Chute Rotator & Deflector Actuator

/ Snowblower Chute Rotator & Deflector Actuator #1  

BugsRLB

Tractor
Kubota BX23
After looking at many threads (thanx for posting them:thumbsup:) I finally purchased a power window motor and 4" actuator for the Kubota snowblower. The rotation device worked but was clumsy and I always thought it was stupid that we had to get off the machine to change the chute deflector position. :confused: Pics explain things pretty well. Used bolts, nylon spacers and nyloc nuts on the actuator. Very smooth!

Power window motor mounted to aluminum angle bracket.
ry%3D480

Actuator mounted to chute.
ry%3D480

Side view.
ry%3D480

Looking down at both.
ry%3D480

Up/Down Left/Rigt switches cut into a blank switch plate and mounted in a handy box. Used trailer wiring harness for electrical connection so I can do a quick disconnect when we remove the home made cab and snowblower to reinstall the FEL.
ry%3D480

I tacked a 3/8" u-joint to the power window motor and then used a hose clamp to hold it to the rotation device.
ry%3D480

/ Snowblower Chute Rotator & Deflector Actuator #2  
Nice job.

I'm trying to decide exactly what to do on my blower for chute rotation - winch or window motor. Guess I may as well add the actuator too.

/ Snowblower Chute Rotator & Deflector Actuator #3  
Very nice, professional looking installation. I have a hydraulic chute rotator but no deflector controller. I would like to add a linear actuator like yours and will file the photos for future reference.