Snow chains on yet?

/ Snow chains on yet? #101  
That is a fantastic idea. Thanks for that time saving idea plus the chains being a little more snug is the added bonus.

/ Snow chains on yet? #102  
just put the front and rear chains on this morning. was 16F outdoors, but luckily the shop is heated.

Took about 1/2 the time it took me last year. Guess it gets easier over time....till Alzheimer kicks in hehe.

Were due for moreView attachment 292275 snow all week. have about 4-5" on the ground, and more falling. finally. i hate not having a white xmas to get the sleighs out.
I really like the 2 hp an sleight..........It really puts everything in line......Your very lucky as are the back seaters.....

/ Snow chains on yet? #103  
What makes it so hard? Jack the tractor up, set them on the top, and hook them together. Not that difficult, and easy as pie.

Look at the guys up on the Canadian Ice roads, they can have them on in no time!!

Hey Innisfil chains are not allowed on our roads that being said I have chains on my cub cadet lol.

/ Snow chains on yet? #104  
I really like the 2 hp an sleight..........It really puts everything in line......Your very lucky as are the back seaters.....

i just love the sleighs. we have a 2 person and a 4 person model. give LOTS of rides to freinds. P1011089.JPGsnow 1.jpg

/ Snow chains on yet? #105  
Nice fjords, good to see 'em earning their keep! My wife has a set of runners for her 2-wheel cart, which reminds me of another project.. getting 'em installed!

Sean

/ Snow chains on yet? #108  
I just put the new chains I received from Tirechains.com on my tractor, with the help of my son. Was not easy to get them tight on our ag tires but we did. Tirechains.com's instructions are to lay the chains out and drive over them. We did that on one side but found it easier to lay the chain over the top of the tire with one of us moving the tractor and the other guiding the rest of the chain onto the tire as it moved. That is the way they did it when he snowplowed for the county road department years ago. We were able to get it tighter that way.
I used them yesterday for the first time. Made a big difference. I got their Duo-Ladder with the extra cross chains.

/ Snow chains on yet? #110  
What kind of shoes are you running on the Fjords and do you feel the need to go to chains?:)

Fjord chains....... ill contact tirechains.com

they go barefooted thruout winter. it it gets icy, i have clip on EasyBoots with borium inserts for the horses.