Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Tractor
    Massey Ferguson GC2400

Default Re: Snow chains on yet?

Snowing here now, but don't have the chains on just yet.
    Don

MF GC2400, FEL, 60in.MMM, 5ft. Cultivator, Single Bottom Plow, Bush Hog RTC48 tiller, MF 2360 front mount snowblower, 5ft backblade. BXpanded Piranha toothbar.

Tractor
    Kubota B3030

Put on my 2 link ladder chains yesterday while it is still warm here (above 50 degrees).
    One of the chains had one of it's cross chains upside down. I hate when that happens.
    Took a few minutes to flip/weave the ladders until all were correct.
    I guess I need to be more careful when storing the chains so they don't get tangled.

Vic

Tractor
    TYM 353HST

GRS, I am off Hwy 97 between Wolf Lodge and Harison, about 1000' above the lake.
    Isa 43:2-3

Tractor
    B3000 HSDCC

I wish I had the snow chains on.

Plow & blower are still in the storage shed. Been so dry here, the backhoe is still on. Got a nice shot of cold today - I think it got up to 30*, but still no snow, and nothing but sunny skies forecast for the next 10 days.
    2012 Kubota B3000, block heater, filled rears, rear wheel spacers, fender extensions, LA403 w/60" bucket, BH77 w/12" bucket & mechanical thumb, Kubota pin-type QA, Kubota forks, Caroni TM1600 flail, Buhler Allied YC6010 3pt blower, Meyer 72" FEL mounted plow, Midwest LR2072 rake

Previous machines:

2008 Kubota B3030 (Open Station), LA403, BH75, 4 - 55w halogen front & rear ROPS mounted worklights with L39 dash switches
    2004 Case NH DX24E Subcompact

Kubotas from Barlow's

Tractor
    dk45se hst cab

Quote Originally Posted by joeyd View Post
    GRS, I am off Hwy 97 between Wolf Lodge and Harison, about 1000' above the lake.
    IM doing a job out there off eagles mere road .....they pored concrete today and rest tomorrow. Athol here
    currently own
    2011 Kioti DK45SE HST CAB tractor/loader, Jimna 6" - 3 point wood chipper, 60" JD Brush Hog, JD 60" Rototiller, 3 point post hole digger with hydraulic assist, 3 point spring tooth rake, Fimco 55 gallon weed sprayer with 12 foot boom, 3 point hydraulic wood splitter (home built)
    Quick Attach 79" loader mount snowblower & rear powerpack
    Quick Attach 84" Snow Blade
    Quick Attach 42" pallet forks

Tractor
    TYM 353HST

Quote Originally Posted by grsthegreat View Post
    IM doing a job out there off eagles mere road .....they pored concrete today and rest tomorrow. Athol here
    You just passed me, I am on the hill above the old saw mill.
    Isa 43:2-3

Gold Member
    Tractor
    Kubota MX5100, Unimog 404 w/ snowblower, Deere UTV w/plow

bandit67- I drove thru conifer on 285 yesterday morning. Cars off the road and including a roll-over. Ice. Can we buy some snow?

Tractor
    B3000 HSDCC

Quote Originally Posted by FatTire View Post
    bandit67- I drove thru conifer on 285 yesterday morning. Cars off the road and including a roll-over. Ice. Can we buy some snow?
    Yeah, it was a mess on 285 yesterday. Would have been the same mess if it was snow. Something about the first snow of the season in Colorado, and you'd think we were Floridians seeing it for the first time. So I expect we'll have another demolition derby scenario when we get our first good storm.
    2012 Kubota B3000, block heater, filled rears, rear wheel spacers, fender extensions, LA403 w/60" bucket, BH77 w/12" bucket & mechanical thumb, Kubota pin-type QA, Kubota forks, Caroni TM1600 flail, Buhler Allied YC6010 3pt blower, Meyer 72" FEL mounted plow, Midwest LR2072 rake

Previous machines:

2008 Kubota B3030 (Open Station), LA403, BH75, 4 - 55w halogen front & rear ROPS mounted worklights with L39 dash switches
    2004 Case NH DX24E Subcompact

Kubotas from Barlow's

A few days ago we got the first slick day of the season and most were handling it fine but there always is an unusually large number who either forgot that snow is slippery or that waiting until after you need them is not the correct use of winter tires.

I put the chains on the dump truck but not the kubota. I found that I can put the tractor chains on in about 5 minutes per tire so I'll wait until the drive is frozen and I can start blowing snow before I get to it.
    Kubota L4240,Case 580K backhoe, Case 450 Dozer

I finished putting my chains on the JD 5045E today, a bit late as we had four inches of snow last week but it is breaking off warm and it is all going to melt. Perhaps another easy winter in the offing. I was slow getting them on as I had to lengthen the set of talon ice chains I bought used by three cross chains each side. I used a set of chains given to me by a neighbor who had moved up to a bigger tractor. The steel in these ice chains is tough. A four inch diamond grinder takes a full minute to cut through one link. Twice as long as it takes to cut through the side chains which aren't cheap stuff. I can see where they get their reputation for wear. They seam to be running alright but I'd like to get them one link tighter, problem is to do that I have to move a cross chain back a link which is a PITA.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast