Snow chains on yet?

/ Snow chains on yet? #21  
Snowing here now, but don't have the chains on just yet.

/ Snow chains on yet? #22  
Put on my 2 link ladder chains yesterday while it is still warm here (above 50 degrees).
One of the chains had one of it's cross chains upside down. I hate when that happens.
Took a few minutes to flip/weave the ladders until all were correct.
I guess I need to be more careful when storing the chains so they don't get tangled.

Vic

/ Snow chains on yet? #23  
GRS, I am off Hwy 97 between Wolf Lodge and Harison, about 1000' above the lake.

/ Snow chains on yet? #24  
I wish I had the snow chains on.

Plow & blower are still in the storage shed. Been so dry here, the backhoe is still on. Got a nice shot of cold today - I think it got up to 30*, but still no snow, and nothing but sunny skies forecast for the next 10 days. :irked:

/ Snow chains on yet? #25  
GRS, I am off Hwy 97 between Wolf Lodge and Harison, about 1000' above the lake.
IM doing a job out there off eagles mere road .....they pored concrete today and rest tomorrow. Athol here

/ Snow chains on yet? #26  
IM doing a job out there off eagles mere road .....they pored concrete today and rest tomorrow. Athol here

You just passed me, I am on the hill above the old saw mill.

/ Snow chains on yet? #27  
bandit67- I drove thru conifer on 285 yesterday morning. Cars off the road and including a roll-over. Ice. Can we buy some snow?

/ Snow chains on yet? #28  
bandit67- I drove thru conifer on 285 yesterday morning. Cars off the road and including a roll-over. Ice. Can we buy some snow?

Yeah, it was a mess on 285 yesterday. Would have been the same mess if it was snow. Something about the first snow of the season in Colorado, and you'd think we were Floridians seeing it for the first time. So I expect we'll have another demolition derby scenario when we get our first good storm.

/ Snow chains on yet? #29  
A few days ago we got the first slick day of the season and most were handling it fine but there always is an unusually large number who either forgot that snow is slippery or that waiting until after you need them is not the correct use of winter tires.

I put the chains on the dump truck but not the Kubota. I found that I can put the tractor chains on in about 5 minutes per tire so I'll wait until the drive is frozen and I can start blowing snow before I get to it.

/ Snow chains on yet? #30  
I finished putting my chains on the JD 5045E today, a bit late as we had four inches of snow last week but it is breaking off warm and it is all going to melt. Perhaps another easy winter in the offing. I was slow getting them on as I had to lengthen the set of talon ice chains I bought used by three cross chains each side. I used a set of chains given to me by a neighbor who had moved up to a bigger tractor. The steel in these ice chains is tough. A four inch diamond grinder takes a full minute to cut through one link. Twice as long as it takes to cut through the side chains which aren't cheap stuff. I can see where they get their reputation for wear. They seam to be running alright but I'd like to get them one link tighter, problem is to do that I have to move a cross chain back a link which is a PITA.