Snow chains on yet?

/ Snow chains on yet? #61  
My BX25 has little fender clearance to make rear tire chain installation easy. So with the back hoe stabilizer arms down the rear of the tractor is raised, the rear wheels taken off and the chains put on without scraped knuckles. The front chains go on by putting down pressure on the bucket so the wheels and tires off the ground. Don't have to take the front wheels off as there are no fenders to pinch fingers under. I use 4 side link chains with industrial tires. There is enough grab with the chains in 4wd to get through the snow fine. My Deere GX335 has a front blade and rear two side link chains. In heavy snow the Deere makes a furrow and the Kubota then removes it with the front bucket. The BXspanded light set is perfect for night time snow removal with the BX25. Merry Christmas One and All!

/ Snow chains on yet? #62  
Chains on this morning. Had to plow about 12" of snow. Of course it was 2 feet deep some places because of high winds, too. Old 8N ford works well with the a big back blade. I live in the snow belt of Northwest, PA.

/ Snow chains on yet? #63  
Just mounted the front chains on my Kubota B7510 today. I modified an old set of truck chains. Haven't put on the rear set yet. I could get by without chains, if it weren't for our hills. We haven't had much snow yet, but it will come.

/ Snow chains on yet? #64  
I have never used chains on my Kubota BX 2350. The tires have always held their grip enough to do the job. The fronts could use a little extra weight though, as they tend to slip some when trying to turn in the snow/ice. Not sure of the best way to do that...chains, weights or filled.

/ Snow chains on yet? #65  
Ive put it off as long as possible but the wet snow really doe's steer me around.I wish the ground would freeze.I use cut down semi truck chaines for the rear industrials.tight fit but I had them. Any body use wheel spacers?

/ Snow chains on yet? #66  
I have never used chains have weights on the rimbs loaded the tires 4wd I am good to go. Going to put the power rear blade and front mounted blower on today. Usually spend 3 - 4 hrs on the blower when it snows here. Have a Merry Christmas all, yes i did say Christmas from Canada

/ Snow chains on yet? #67  
Got to use mine today. 9 degrees F at dawn with 4" to 6 " of new snow over ice from the last rain. Cold start system on 5045E works great and the chains are working great.

/ Snow chains on yet? #68  
I have not put them on yet, but that is coming soon. We had 6 fluffy inches and I thought it would be a good test without the chains. I spun a little going up my driveway when the front blade dug down enough to get some resistance. My driveway is fairly steep. That tells me that I need chains when the real stuff gets here.

/ Snow chains on yet? #69  
Put mine on yesterday afternoon. I found the easiest way is to jack up one rear wheel, rope through side links and the wheel, then just roll 'em on. Took me about a half hour from start to finish.

Sean

/ Snow chains on yet? #70  
I don't see any need to jack up a tractor to put chains on it. Just drape them over the wheel, bungee cord or tie the front lose end to the rim and drive forward. Hook them up then drive them forward and back a few times and see if you can get another link tighter. Just my :2cents:
By Jacking it up, you can tighten them up right away. Saves so much time. Jack it up on level ground under the drawbar mount. no heated shop here.