Page 1 of 13 123411 ... LastLast
    Tractor
    Kubota B7800 with FEL

Default Snow chains on yet?

Just wondering if everyone has their chains on yet. We got done with Thanksgiving early so had some time this afternoon to put them on. I know how to put mine on but even at that it takes me a couple of hours. I don't have very much fender clearance and the chains have to be centered, tight, tucked, and safety wired.
    I used to do the Hokey Pokey but I turned myself around.

Tractor
    Kioti ck20

Default Re: Snow chains on yet?

I put the chains and blower on my father in laws set up. I have the blower mounted and ready on mine. No chains for me yet though.
    Phil. from Mass.
    2008 Kioti ck20 with 380 hours
    New to me 2011 K120 loader

Tractor
    Case 885, Ford 4000

I had the finish mower put away and the front plow and rear blade installed last Saturday, so I went ahead and put the chains on as well. Treated the fuel yesterday morning and put the sand barrels out on the hill in the driveway.
    But I won't be offended if I don't use any of it!
    We have too much gun control.
    What we need is more idiot control.

Tractor
    Mahindra 5035, JD 2240, 420

Put the weights and chains on my little JD 420 yesterday, with my shorts and T-shirt on... Don't need chains on my Mahindra 5035. It's big and heavy enough [ and MEAN enough ] that it doesn't need them.... even blowing up hill..
    Last edited by JerryK; 11-23-2012 at 06:51 AM.

Tractor
    TC 30 Newholland

funny to read,,,2 days ago it was 72 here in n/east ga. I (DRESSED IT "T"SHIRT&SHORTS)Cut my lawn for the last time::((((((((((chines)))))))))omg
    "Be who you are, say what you will, those that matter wont mind, those that mind don't matter".

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Kubota B2620 (2012)

Got the blade and chains on the Case 448 but not on the kubota. Clear skies and 72 deg a couple days ago gave me a slight sun burn working outdoors all day. We are about 18 inches below normal precipitation so far this year and the drought continues. But the next thing you know, it could clobber us with rain, sleet, ice and snow in just a few hours. Maybe i'll get the Kubota chains on tomorrow.
    Kubota B2620 HST

Tractor
    Kioti DS3510

Tractor has them maybe the plow truck today....

Tractor
    2009 Kubota RTV 900, 2009 Kubota B26 TLB & 2010 model LS P7010

I love the snowy look when we get some. Really pretty but it never lasts more than a day or two. A couple years ago it snowed the first week in December but it doesnt look like we will get any for quiet a while this year. It got to 29F one morning with lots of frost and was pretty to see for a couple of hours till the sun got up high enough to burn it off. Cant say as I miss removing the snow from the windshied in the morning before going to work or shoveling the driveway. What I always hated most was those @#**$$ snow plow drivers that piled up all the icy slush from the street in your freshly shovelled driveway so you couldnt get out. You almost needed a pick axe to get thru that semi-frozen stuff. Now if it snows, I just look at it from the window till its all gone
    2010 LS P-7010C 20F/20R gear tractor & FEL, 2009 Kubota B 26 TLB, RTV 900 Kubota,17 foot Lund boat with 70HP motor, 2012-20 ft 12k GVW trailer, 2011- 52" Craftsman ZTR mower, 2013 Ferris Zero Turn, 3 weed whackers, pressure washer, leaf blowers, 7 foot bush hog, 8 foot landscape rake , 8 foot 3 PH disc, 2 row cultivator, 350 amp Miller AC/DC welding machine and all the tools needed to keep them all repaired and running.

Silver Member
    Tractor
    John deere 2305, X520 and LX188

Quote Originally Posted by JerryK View Post
    Put the weights and chains on my little JD 420 yesterday, with my shorts and T-shirt on... Don't need chains on my Mahindra 5035. It's big and heavy enough [ and MEAN enough ] that it doesn't need them.... even blowing up hill..
    We had a winter storm in ND for Thanksgiving. Clear and in the single digis this morning. We sent the storm your way so that you can try out the snow chains. Possible heavy snow in the Upper Peninsula of MI and 50 mph winds around the great lakes. Oh yes, the storms of November like the old song about the Edmund Fitzgerald.

I bought "factory" chains for my JD2305 3 years ago and they are about worthless on a frozen hill or sidehill. The chains just slipped. Over $100 for the set, too!!
    I saw what I was looking for at the local Polaris dealer - the chains with the little "V" shaped cleats welded on the chain links so they would grip on the ice.
    I foam filled the tires for weight, but there seems to be less traction on ice with a foam filled tire because it does not "flex" as much. The front end, with any snow at all under it, and three of the 4 tires just spin. Then, I cuss for a while while I dig the machine out with a big grain shovel.

Hey whistlepig - like your quote. I have an uncle like that. I should cite him that quote.

SC

Tractor
    JD 2720

Quote Originally Posted by scollins View Post
    We had a winter storm in ND for Thanksgiving. Clear and in the single digis this morning. We sent the storm your way so that you can try out the snow chains. Possible heavy snow in the Upper Peninsula of MI and 50 mph winds around the great lakes. Oh yes, the storms of November like the old song about the Edmund Fitzgerald.

I bought "factory" chains for my JD2305 3 years ago and they are about worthless on a frozen hill or sidehill. The chains just slipped. Over $100 for the set, too!!
    I saw what I was looking for at the local Polaris dealer - the chains with the little "V" shaped cleats welded on the chain links so they would grip on the ice.
    I foam filled the tires for weight, but there seems to be less traction on ice with a foam filled tire because it does not "flex" as much. The front end, with any snow at all under it, and three of the 4 tires just spin. Then, I cuss for a while while I dig the machine out with a big grain shovel.

Hey whistlepig - like your quote. I have an uncle like that. I should cite him that quote.

SC

You sure had bad luck with the factory chains. That's too bad. I had exactly the opposite experience with them on my 2305 and would reccomend them to everyone.
    HAVE FUN

Life is easier when you plow around the stumps.

Page 1 of 13 123411 ... LastLast