FEL plow works GREAT!

/ FEL plow works GREAT! #1  

RockyNY

Gold Member
Tractor
Kioti NX6010CH
Just got in from plowing with my FEL mounted Meyers ST90 for the first time. What a treat to use after plowing with a bucket last year! We had about 6" of heavy wet snow on the ground, and the plow really exceeded my expectations. Our driveway is gravel, and last year I found it to be very tricky not to dig in with the bucket, even with a 2.5" pipe on the lip. But with the plow, I set the skid shoes fairly high, and I had no trouble except for a couple rough spots and one area that had fresh gravel. The chain float design worked wonderfully, and the hydraulic angle is super slick!
You can see my build thread here: http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/snow-removal/252343-another-qa-plow-build-thread.html

004.jpg

/ FEL plow works GREAT! #2  
Nice work
Looks real nice!
I've been looking for a used inexpensive plow for a project.
I like the chain float idea. I'll have to remember that.

/ FEL plow works GREAT! #3  
Nice looking rig. You must be near Arcade? In the boston Hills we only had around 3 inches. I like your idea. Maybe time to consider the same idea........

/ FEL plow works GREAT! #4  
I think I said it before, but I REALLY like that mount behind the front of the loader arms to reduce the weight cantilevered over the front....maybe next Summer will be project time for me, but I will be using that idea!

/ FEL plow works GREAT! #5  
How does the chain float work or attached? If you had a picture that would be great.

/ FEL plow works GREAT!