Snow Equipment Buying/Pricing Bought a snow ex 575 salt spreader

/ Bought a snow ex 575 salt spreader #1  

geko

Bronze Member
Hey guys, I got my new salt spreader fitted today.
It's a snow ex 575 spreader, fitted to my iveco daily panel van.
So, first night gritting with it on 3 sites is done....
I like it! I think it's going to take some getting used to, with regards how much salt it uses and the spinner speed.
I couldn't see where it had spread on a block paving carpark, so was running the machine at the top level, with the result I used twice as much salt as I needed to!
I then went to another site that was new, black Tarmac and I could clearly see it was doing a great job at about half speed.

I've 16 sites to do in total, so I'll report back with anything else I discover about it!

/ Bought a snow ex 575 salt spreader
I've been out again tonight and trusted the machine to do its job, at mid level spreading speed & saved so much salt compared to last night! One pass, decent forward speed and full coverage. Smiles all round tonight!

/ Bought a snow ex 575 salt spreader #3  
Sounds good. But maybe back up on the first pass so you can see what you're laying down for a coating?

/ Bought a snow ex 575 salt spreader
I've been out again today and checked the spread with & "thickness/density" & am really happy with it.
It did jam, but was very easy to fix - I just spun the auger back and out came the blockage!