Snow Attachments Who knows these snowplows?

/ Who knows these snowplows? #1  

flyingcow

Veteran Member
Looking at a subframe mount 8ft plow from Michigan Iron and Equipment. Been doing an email conversation with them. They seem to know what they're doing. It's called a Hound Dog brand of plow. Anyone have an experience with these? Do not want to get into a brand fight. But who else offers something like this. Hound Dog Plow Blades

If you got bad reviews, PM me. Rather not damage someones reputation

/ Who knows these snowplows? #2  
Hound Dog is the name MIE uses for the products they make in house. Thier products are high quality and not mass-produced.

When I needed a thumb for my back hoe, I did my reserach and bought a hydraulic kit from MIE. The wife and I stopped by MIE on our way out to South Dakota two summers ago. I was able to look over the thumb kit and ask all sorts of questions. Very friendly knowledgable family that own and operate MIE. Bought the kit while I was there. When I got home, the kit installed easier than I had expected. But I had an issue with the hydraulics. I spent over an hour on the telephone (their dime) to troubleshoot the issue (bad quick connect coupling). Three days later the new coupling was at my door.

If their plows are as well built as the thumb, you can't go wrong.

Good luck.

/ Who knows these snowplows? #3  
They are about 10 minutes away, never knew about the fabrication side of the business.

I know several people that have bought tractors from them, never heard anything bad.

Ed

/ Who knows these snowplows? #5  
I have a Edge by C E Attachments, they are owned by Gehl. It looks very similiar to the Michigan Iron blade.

/ Who knows these snowplows? #6  
FLYING, I will highly recommend what they build. I have been a welder/fabricator building trucks,tanks and just about everything else for the oilfields in Michigan before I started this Hydraulics gig and they over build everything so you will get your moneys worth. Bob and Tony know what is needed to keep something together. You will be impressed. CJ