snow removel rates in eastern pa

/ snow removel rates in eastern pa #1  

case245

Platinum Member
Tractor
kubota 7040sud
i trying to find snow removel rates in central pa i have a kubota 7040sud 6 foot bucket 8 foot rear blade full insured what is the going rate the insurance was 3k a season i sub contract the contractor wants me to plow for 55 an hour thats way low i know a pickup truck is at 75 an hour i have to pay for fuel in thte tractor and my truck i have to transport the tractor to and from what do you guy think i should be charging an hour

/ snow removel rates in eastern pa #2  
your insurance rates are way too high. I have a commercial policy with $300,000/600,000 coverage and it only runs about $340ish per year....north idaho here, but it shouldnt cost 10X more where you live.

look into an inland marine commercial policy

/ snow removel rates in eastern pa #3  
$55 is low but thats what people are charging to do it with a backhoe with the big snow blade. You would have to factor in your time, fuel cost, maintinence cost, insursance per hour and base your price off of that. Probably $100 a hour. Thats what I would charge.

/ snow removel rates in eastern pa #4  
Here in upstate NY, you can't find an hourly snow remover. They all charge by the season, whether it snows or not. For an average 100 foot driveway, they are getting $1200 for the season, snow or no snow. The price goes way up for long drives and parking lots. This is why I'm now the proud owner of a BX2360.

/ snow removel rates in eastern pa #5  
I would say at least $75 a hour plus a moving fee or a minimum of X amount of hours.

/ snow removel rates in eastern pa #6  
$55 is low but thats what people are charging to do it with a backhoe with the big snow blade. You would have to factor in your time, fuel cost, maintinence cost, insursance per hour and base your price off of that. Probably $100 a hour. Thats what I would charge.

Another factor for the rate is depreciation for the equipment (but perhaps Mike R includes that in maintenance). Estimate the total hours you think the tractor will last and the cost to replace it with your trade in value. You can get fancy with interest rates also but it is likely not worth complicating it that much.

My rate for neighbours is $0, but they do give me fuel and reciprocate with help (one has a bucket truck that I use to top trees, Another has a lot of land giving access to a large wild area and I'm about the only one who has permission to walk on it). Other neighbours let me cut their trees if I don't have enough of my own (which hasn't happened yet).

If they knew how much I enjoy it they could likely charge me. :)

But I realise, it is a much more serious proposition when operating a business.

/ snow removel rates in eastern pa #7  
Another factor for the rate is depreciation for the equipment (but perhaps Mike R includes that in maintenance). Estimate the total hours you think the tractor will last and the cost to replace it with your trade in value. You can get fancy with interest rates also but it is likely not worth complicating it that much.

My rate for neighbours is $0, but they do give me fuel and reciprocate with help (one has a bucket truck that I use to top trees, Another has a lot of land giving access to a large wild area and I'm about the only one who has permission to walk on it). Other neighbours let me cut their trees if I don't have enough of my own (which hasn't happened yet).

If they knew how much I enjoy it they could likely charge me. :)

But I realise, it is a much more serious proposition when operating a business.

You are lucky to have neighbors like that.

/ snow removel rates in eastern pa #8  
You are lucky to have neighbors like that.

I agree, we have a road full of wonderful, considerate neighbours who enjoy living here.

/ snow removel rates in eastern pa #10  
seven years ago I was getting $90 p/hr as a sub-contractor providing my own equipment & insurance. Seems like now the contractors only want to pay $50/ hr. .........for that my equipment can stay home and rust if it wants to, I've had three calls from contractors, who obviously are having trouble getting people with equipment to work cheaply. I've been telling them I'll drive their gear and plow for $40.00 p/hr. and after 8-hrs it's 1 1/2 times that for ovetime, no more than 16-hrs without an 8-hr break.
That's my rate, and I'm sticking to it, and don't care if they don't call me. lol
I only use mine now for personal use and only one neighbor.