Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Tractor
    Mahindra 4025 4wd

Default Re: snow plows

Quote Originally Posted by flyingcow View Post
    Slickheadhunter

We will need a review from you. Brand new thread. I've bugged the guys at MI and E enough. Should've bought one by now. They've got a good reputation and were easy to talk to.
    Once It arrives and have a chance to use it a while ill post my findings, it seems to be very well built. I did make contact with a guy on this forum who owns one,he had very good things to say.

Platinum Member High Compression's Avatar
    Tractor
    Kubota L5740-3/ Kubota ZD21 pro60

Quote Originally Posted by mazy View Post
    I am a new user and looking for feedback on snow plows for a 59 horsepower kubota tractor. I have a loader with quick attach mount for various implements and wondering how the snow plow implement works? I have read/heard that the torque of plowing snow can bend the loader arms. If true, is there any way to stabilize arms to absorb the extra torque when plowing? I am considering a frame mount plow and just removing the loader during snow season, but recognizing I use the loader frequently year round and don't like the thought taking it on and off for the frame mount plow to fit. Any thoughts or feedback would be much appreciated.
    I have an L5740, and I use a 9' angle plow or an 8' snow pusher. I haven't had any problems with my loader arms. Previously I had B3030 and a BX2660. Both of which I used Kubota's frame mounted plows. They both worked flawlessly, and are very well built. The sub-frame QA is nice for other implements too, like the angle broom.
    Previous 2 tractors were used 99% for snow. Now my L5740 I use year round. With the SSQA on the loader,(and mine is hydraulic ) I can swap my blade or pusher quick and easy.

Pro's to frame mount: shorter over all tractor length, better visibility.
    Con's to frame mount: stacking only 3-4 ft tall, have to remove fel and mount sub-frame.
    Vise verse for pro's and con's for the loader.

-2011-12-23-14-43-a-2011-12-23-14-43-a-2012-01-04-18-01-a
    "It is better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and prove it."

Tractor
    Mahindra 4025 4wd

I received my MIE sub mount plow today! The one thing I can say with absolute confidence is that it's built like a brick S#&@ house!
    I will take some photos of it as I'm getting it together and mounting it to the tractor,and post them as I progress. Every pivot point has a zerc fitting, 14 in all.

Gold Member
    Tractor
    Kubota MX5100, Unimog 404 w/ snowblower, Deere UTV w/plow

I've been "browsing" for an FEL plow for a 50HP machine. Here are some more companies to look at:

HLA /Horst
    Virnig
    Quick Attach
    FFC
    WR Long
    Meyer
    Curtis
    Hiniker
    Worksaver

At a given width, there is almost a 2:1 ratio in weight from heaviest to lightest, and a number of different features available. Lateral float (or some call it "oscillating blade") and relief/crossover valve seem like nice features. I guess whether light or heavy is good depends on your usage.

Tractor
    John Deere 4400 MFWD, Deere 855D UTV and assorted implements

Quote Originally Posted by Slickheadhunter View Post
    I received my MIE sub mount plow today! The one thing I can say with absolute confidence is that it's built like a brick S#&@ house!
    I will take some photos of it as I'm getting it together and mounting it to the tractor,and post them as I progress. Every pivot point has a zerc fitting, 14 in all.
    I'll be very interested in seeing these pictures.
    If you don't mind me asking, what size plow did you get and what were the shipping costs?
    Roy Jackson

"Any government that does not trust its citizens with firearms is either a tyranny, or planning to become one."
    -Joseph P. Martino

Tractor
    Mahindra 4025 4wd

The rear receiver

Sub frame
    Up/down piston mount

Front pin on connection

Rear mount pin for sub frame

Front mount on tractor for front pin

Tractor
    Mahindra 4025 4wd

I went with the 60in which was just barely wide enough to cover my rear tracks while angled and the shipping through them was around 300

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123