Snow Attachments Snow chain hitting my frame.

/ Snow chain hitting my frame. #1  

woodyacres

Silver Member
Tractor
Kioti DK35SE
Hi guys,
I have been on the lamb lately as i have 2.5 year old and havent had much time to browse the site much. But, now i am in need of some help.

Does anyone else have this issue? Am I not doing something right?
I bought these from tirechains.com last year and couldn't get them on before the 30 day return policy. It didn't snow much and I didn't have time. Now, I am trying to use them and they are tearing up my tractor. Any advice would help...
I will add a pic as soon as I can figure out how to add them from my IPad...

Thanks.

/ Snow chain hitting my frame. #2  
Are you using are you going to have to use tire spacers to get the wheels away from the frame? Can the chains be tightened to remove the slop ? With all the knowledge out here someone will have a solution for you. Come on with the photo.

/ Snow chain hitting my frame.
I don't have spacers. Thought about it, but not sure where to get them, plus longer bolts.

/ Snow chain hitting my frame. #4  
Run bungee straps across the diameter of the outer wheel to pull up the slack. If there's any loose ends flopping around, tie them down with zip ties.

So, is that my issue? The chains just aren't tight enough? I wish I could get the picture uploaded. But, my iPad won't let me.

Ok, I had to get the old laptop out to get the picture uploaded. Here is my dilemma...
My chains are hitting my frame.

Attachments

• IMG-20121226-00046.jpg
    IMG-20121226-00046.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 303
   / Snow chain hitting my frame. #8  
So, is that my issue? The chains just aren't tight enough? I wish I could get the picture uploaded. But, my iPad won't let me.

Well... that's hard for us to know without a look see.

It 'may' just be the slack in the side wall of the chains slapping the tractor as the wheel spins or it could be a clearance issue. Many folks have had to add spacers or... if the the tractor permits and the wheel is capable of being turned... mount them inside out.

We're just giving suggestions based on what it 'could' be. That's about all we can do without photos.

/ Snow chain hitting my frame. #9  
that cant be right. There is no room for the chains at all. Is the fender bent or do you have too much air in the tires? What the tire pressure ? Have you tried to let some air out or if they are loaded, Do you know if they are loaded past the 75% space of tire?

/ Snow chain hitting my frame. #10  
Thanks for the pic... you posted that as I was typing.
WOW... that is really close clearance between the tire and the brace.
Looks like spacers or swapping the wheels are next.
No amount of chain tightening will eliminate that problem.