Snow Equipment Owning/Operating Looking for a rear snow blower for my new Kioti RX6010C tractor. Live in Colorado

/ Looking for a rear snow blower for my new Kioti RX6010C tractor. Live in Colorado #21  
The house came with a small MF tractor and a 5' 3pt snow blower. The snow blower was too much for the old tractor and would over heat. The snow blower works well but doesn't fully cover the tires. Still waiting for a heavy snow of 1' or more than I should get a good idea how well the snow blower works.

I agree with your comments that not much used equipment is on the market in the west and may be forced to go new. I'm looking at a rear blade from Everything attachments. Have you had any experience with this company?

Your tractor should not overheat, have you checked the V belt and the radiator fluid level when the tractor is cold?
Chances are the belt is slipping or the thermostat is bad-most likely issue.

As far as operating goes are you in low range?, otherwise you can overheat also

/ Looking for a rear snow blower for my new Kioti RX6010C tractor. Live in Colorado
Leon, thanks for the reply, but I've sold the old MF and I have no problems with overheating on the new Kioti.

/ Looking for a rear snow blower for my new Kioti RX6010C tractor. Live in Colorado #23  
I hope you post some pics of your RX6010 for us once you purchase a blower :D

For a good sized tractor like you have, where your not as concerned with lack of bottom clearance, I personally see the rear pull type blowers as the best possible compromise. You still get your FEL to use, and you don't have to kill your neck. I can't see how a cab or no cab makes any difference on a sore neck??
Mind you, I don't have experience with ANY of these blowers so my opinions are worthless :D Also, being in CO you may very well have clearance issues with a pull behind :confused3:

Does your RX6010 have the hydraulic power shuttle option? Those are really nice looking tractors :thumbsup:

/ Looking for a rear snow blower for my new Kioti RX6010C tractor. Live in Colorado #24  
I agree with your comments that not much used equipment is on the market in the west and may be forced to go new. I'm looking at a rear blade from Everything attachments. Have you had any experience with this company?

I don't have any experience with EA; but I suspect a search of the forum will turn up a number of threads regarding their equipment.

I can't see how a cab or no cab makes any difference on a sore neck??

My point is that with my bad back plowing in reverse is not an option on a long driveway, regardless of whether I had a nice comfy cab, or froze my butt off on an open station rig.

/ Looking for a rear snow blower for my new Kioti RX6010C tractor. Live in Colorado #25  
I respectfully wish to disagree. The operative words here being three MIRRORS and not being bundled up like an eskimo. I have a 2000+ foot driveway that's staked and I can easily run from one end to the other without turning around in my seat. It's just backing up. (I might get off line a little if I take a drink of coffee or adjust the radio or heat. Sometimes it gets WAY to hot in there...) If I do need to turn around I can sit a little sideways on my right cheek and still run the HST. Before I got a cab I was so bundled up from the cold, blowing wind and snow I could hardly turn my head let alone look to the rear! Now I can wear a light polar fleece and jeans. The only time I hurt my neck is when the hot single lady across the main road is shoveling her drive in those tight stretch pants. So technically yes, sometimes I strain my neck.....

/ Looking for a rear snow blower for my new Kioti RX6010C tractor. Live in Colorado #26  
I use a 74" Roberge pull or inverse blower on my DK45 and it works great. In Ottawa, all the blowers used for contract work are pull type and Pronovost seems to be what's used most. They're more expensive than a traditional blower but less expensive than a front blower and you keep the FEL on the tractor.

/ Looking for a rear snow blower for my new Kioti RX6010C tractor. Live in Colorado #27  
Lots of snow here in NewBrunswick Canada. Had some seat time on my L4740 with a blizzard snow blower. 40 cm this last storm. My neck is kinda stiff. Now looking at getting a backup camera.

/ Looking for a rear snow blower for my new Kioti RX6010C tractor. Live in Colorado #28  
Deerherd,
I can't argue with that! I think just about any activity is nicer in a cab with any kind of foul weather outside!

Don't let that neighbor cause you any whiplash! :laughing:

/ Looking for a rear snow blower for my new Kioti RX6010C tractor. Live in Colorado #29  
Have you looked into the SHoule blowers? Those seem very heavy duty (and pricey of course) as they are more for commercial use. They have a spring loaded blade on the back of them so you can pull snow away from garage doors and such. Many others have a hydraulic rear blade as well, I'm referring to the pull type.

/ Looking for a rear snow blower for my new Kioti RX6010C tractor. Live in Colorado #30  
I respectfully wish to disagree. The operative words here being three MIRRORS and not being bundled up like an eskimo. I have a 2000+ foot driveway that's staked and I can easily run from one end to the other without turning around in my seat. It's just backing up. (I might get off line a little if I take a drink of coffee or adjust the radio or heat. Sometimes it gets WAY to hot in there...) If I do need to turn around I can sit a little sideways on my right cheek and still run the HST. Before I got a cab I was so bundled up from the cold, blowing wind and snow I could hardly turn my head let alone look to the rear! Now I can wear a light polar fleece and jeans. The only time I hurt my neck is when the hot single lady across the main road is shoveling her drive in those tight stretch pants. So technically yes, sometimes I strain my neck.....

Deerherd, a cab isn't an option for some of us. I was offered a great deal on a cab model (dealer had it in stock for a year) but declined even to get a quote. My tractor use would be reduced 50% on my property if I had a cab. I could not mow my lawn, clear trails, or gather firewood because of trees.

Now, if I won the lottery it would be nice to have that second cabbed tractor to clear the driveways.

Plus, I'm one of those who enjoys winter and generally is not bothered by cold. Perhaps it's from my Manitoba early childhood. Maybe your neighbour with those stretch pants grew up in a similar climate. :)