Snow Equipment Owning/Operating Underperforming Meteor 48" rear blower

/ Underperforming Meteor 48" rear blower #1  

BotaSteve57

Tractor
Kubota B7610 TLB
Hello, this is my first post after installing my used Meteor 2 stage blower on the rear PTO of my B8200 Kubota. I put the tractor in low range and increased the RPMs to max out the PTO speed and no matter what I do the snow either dribbles out of the chute or clogs it up. The speed of the impeller appears fast (although it's hard to tell), I have siliconed the chute, etc.

Any ideas?

/ Underperforming Meteor 48" rear blower #2  
:welcome:

/ Underperforming Meteor 48" rear blower #3  
Are both impellers turning? check that out, I think you broke a bolt.

/ Underperforming Meteor 48" rear blower #4  
Is this a one stage or two stage thrower?

/ Underperforming Meteor 48" rear blower #5  
Never mind I see you said it is 2 stage. Is the fan turning as well as the augers?

/ Underperforming Meteor 48" rear blower
Are both impellers turning? check that out, I think you broke a bolt.

THanks for the quick response. I will check to see if there is full operation of both impellers. I thought so, but I'll check!

/ Underperforming Meteor 48" rear blower #7  
It's is my first winter with the same blower and I am not impressed with it. I have not had a problem with it clogging but it does not blow snow very far. My cub cadet gt 3500 that it replaced was better.
The Yanmar sc 2400 I'm using runs it with ease . This thing belongs on a garden tractor. Very disappointed with it. I thought I was trading up.

/ Underperforming Meteor 48" rear blower #8  
That blower probably has a 3 bladed fan that is about 16-18 ins in diameter.
3 blades are not best performers.
Newer blowers will sport 4 blades with larger diameter that excavates snow faster and sends it further.
On the assumption that you are using the 500 rpm PTO speed, try the higher (if you have it) 700/750 RPM. I use my mid PTO speed on a similar blower all the time without adverse effects.
Also if the gap between the fan and housing is not fairly 'tight' you will lose performance.

/ Underperforming Meteor 48" rear blower #9  
when everything is shut off, by hand spin the auger. the fan should spin at the same time. I agree with above, think you got a shear pin broke.

/ Underperforming Meteor 48" rear blower #10  
My Erskin needed to wear off the paint and get a good coat of silicone spray.Made a big difference,