Snow removal Canadian style!

/ Snow removal Canadian style! #2  
Great idea- ..working the fields!

/ Snow removal Canadian style! #3  
I have seen a few of these. The city that we contract out to do our road ways has brought them over to clean up after the 5+foot high drifts we had a few years back.

/ Snow removal Canadian style! #4  
Looks like they got it figure out.

/ Snow removal Canadian style! #5  
I wonder if it even slows down when a metal trash can goes through?

/ Snow removal Canadian style! #6  
They do that here in Minnesota too in areas where there's no "storage room" for the snow such as downtown.

After big snowfalls, they plow enough to get traffic moving but it fills up the areas along the curbs. Once all the plowing is done in town, they pull the windrows into the center of the street and then do the blower-dump truck thing to remove the snow. This is usually done in the wee small hours of the morning so unless you're up very early, you won't see them doing it. It is a great way to get rid of the snow.

The trucks dump in a large gravel surface area that is used exclusively for dumping snow in the winter. It is sloped to a large storm drain inlet (Pair of 36"X36" box culverts) that drain directly to the river when it all melts in the spring.

Some winters, like last year, it hardly ever gets used but the winter of 2010-2011 we had 85 inches of snow and there was a real mountain range of snow in the lot.

/ Snow removal Canadian style! #7  
Thats how it's done here in our oldest section of town.
Snow removal not plowing.

/ Snow removal Canadian style! #8  
They been doing this in my town for as far as I can remember. Population 5,000. Actually, this is going on in about every city and town that I know in the Atlantic provinces including the province of Quebec.

/ Snow removal Canadian style! #9  
What's the alternative? Build snow sculptures !

;)

Cool place.jpg

/ Snow removal Canadian style! #10  
He should keep that door close. He's could catch a cold. :)