Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 LastLast
    Tractor
    John Deere 2210, John Deere 345, John Deere 6x4 Gator

If you plow or blow before the snow plow comes... More seat time to clear the end of the driveway. So what's the problem?
    Ed Dedic
    1997 JD 345 (54" MMM, 42" FB, 42" FSB, MC519)
    2000 JD 6x4 Gator (Curtis Cab, AM/FM/CAS, 72" FB, Power Lift Box and Blade, Custom Alternator)
    2005 JD 2210 (FEL, 54" MMM, 54" FB, , iMatch, LX4RM, 60" RB, 60" LR)

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Kubota B3300SU

Default Re: Proper snow plowing etiquette.........

Quote Originally Posted by ededic View Post
    If you plow or blow before the snow plow comes... More seat time to clear the end of the driveway. So what's the problem?
    When you clear 125 of them in a shift, the faster you get done the better. Sometimes things are about getting the job done with as little seat time as possible.

Even with my own, I'd rather have to go out once and be done with it.

Tractor
    Kubota BX25

Quote Originally Posted by Karl2 View Post

Whelen mini justice, yup that's what what I have on both tractors. They installed it on the front of the cab though, not the rear like yours. I didn't care for the original factory-installed beacons from JD. They were post-mounted mechanical rotary beacons that got caught up in branches and consumed a lot of power. And they were noisiy, at low rpm I could hear their motor.
    Do you have any pics of your setup???
    Kyle - CompactTractorFan

Kubota BX25 w/R4's (23 hp, 17.7 PTO hp), Loader, Backhoe, 60" Mid Mount Mower, Cyclone Rake Z-10 Lawn Vacuum, CountyLine Carryall, Ferris 48" Walk-Behind Mower, Honda 21" Walk-Behind Mower, Mighty Mac 4" Chipper/Shredder,
    2000 Dodge Intrepid, 2012 Ford F-150 EcoBoost

Tractor
    John Deere 2210, John Deere 345, John Deere 6x4 Gator

Quote Originally Posted by CDN Farm Boy View Post

When you clear 125 of them in a shift, the faster you get done the better. Sometimes things are about getting the job done with as little seat time as possible.

Even with my own, I'd rather have to go out once and be done with it.
    Sorry to the professionals out there. Did not mean to insult. Strictly speaking as a homeowner. I may have mis-understood the context of the OP that it was commercial related.

Ed
    Ed Dedic
    1997 JD 345 (54" MMM, 42" FB, 42" FSB, MC519)
    2000 JD 6x4 Gator (Curtis Cab, AM/FM/CAS, 72" FB, Power Lift Box and Blade, Custom Alternator)
    2005 JD 2210 (FEL, 54" MMM, 54" FB, , iMatch, LX4RM, 60" RB, 60" LR)

Tractor
    NH T1510 HST

Quote Originally Posted by mikehaugen View Post
    I was pulled over one time because I had a headlight out. Usually I hate this and it truly had just gone out, but found it interesting that the police officer told me to drive with my brights on until I got the new bulb.

I am all for lights, and what I think a lot of people don't realize is that while you may need a lot of bright strobes to be seen during the day, at night it doesn't take nearly as many. Of course then you need flood lights.
    I was pulled over when I was a teenager and the cop says "I pulled you over because you have a tail light out" and he proceeded to write me a ticket. I asked him "what are you gonna do about the headlight that's burned out"? He said, "well I guess I'll write one for that too". I laughed and said, well, it's your vehicle that has the headlamp out." He had that deer in the headlights look, shook his head, and then told me to have a nice day. No ticket that day! lol!
    .................................................. .................................................. ..............................
    "If con is the opposite of pro, is Congress the opposite of progress?"

Gold Member
    Tractor
    '09 JD 5105M Cab & '05 JD 4720 Cab

Quote Originally Posted by CompactTractorFan View Post
    Do you have any pics of your setup???
    I thought I did but none show the beacons (it is not very conspicuous when not lit), I gotta take some next sortie. Don't expect anything like your vid though
    JD 5105M & JD 4720 Cabbies w. Shoule reversible snow blade/Shoule rear snowblower; Pronovost blower; backhoe and some attachments I have no idea what they are for.

Gold Member
    Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by ededic View Post
    Sorry to the professionals out there. Did not mean to insult. Strictly speaking as a homeowner. I may have mis-understood the context of the OP that it was commercial related.
    I sure didn't take offense. Many tractor owners don't use it as often as they'd wish so when a good pretense falls from the sky it would be foolish to ignore it. Commercial snow removal can be fun actually, but we're always pressed for time, operate machinery at less than ideal hours. I positively hate clearing during rush hours. I don't like blocking traffic when maneuvering out of parking lots and such having to wtch for motorists who don't realize implements that are up must come down sometimes and stop their car underneath the raised snow pusher. It is much more pleasant at night.
    JD 5105M & JD 4720 Cabbies w. Shoule reversible snow blade/Shoule rear snowblower; Pronovost blower; backhoe and some attachments I have no idea what they are for.

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Oliver 1855, Case 1840, Cub 1550

I agree, I love to plow at night, there are way to many idiots out during the day. When I plow parking lots during business hours, I bring my wife and she directs trafic to alow me to plow. I had not dropped a plow in the month of January

Dave

Gold Member
    Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Dave View Post
    I agree, I love to plow at night, there are way to many idiots out during the day. When I plow parking lots during business hours, I bring my wife and she directs trafic to alow me to plow. I had not dropped a plow in the month of January

Dave
    At some lots it's cool, they have attendants or security guards directing traffic, sometimes even cops lend a hand when I have no choice but to intrude on the roadway in traffic. Cops here tend to consider even private clearing as a public service so they give a hand, which is appreciated. But as we know, they are not always around.

January was quiet here as well but it's snowing now

Quote Originally Posted by Karl2 View Post
    At some lots it's cool, they have attendants or security guards directing traffic, sometimes even cops lend a hand when I have no choice but to intrude on the roadway in traffic. Cops here tend to consider even private clearing as a public service so they give a hand, which is appreciated. But as we know, they are not always around.

January was quiet here as well but it's snowing now
    WOW hard to believe in this day and age..

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 LastLast