Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast
    Tractor
    Kubota L2800HST w/Frontloader & CC LTX1046 & Craftman T2200 lawn mower.

Default Re: Proper snow plowing etiquette.........

Even in our area the law not enforce nor is the knotheads that don't clean car roof off.

Tractor
    Kubota MX5100

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
    Even in our area the law not enforce nor is the knotheads that don't clean car roof off.
    Or headlights and taillights
    ".........there is only one way to find out."
    "Ok, hold my beer and watch this.........."

Ford 5500 Backhoe
    Kubota MX5100HST w/LA844
    2005 Dodge 3500 4x4 Diesel
    8N Rebuilt and restored
    Bushhog 306
    3 Homemade wood hauling trailers
    Dolmar 6400 84cc ported
    Sachs-Dolmar 120SI Ported
    (4) Sachs-Dolmar 116SI Ported
    Dolmar PS540
    Sachs-Dolmar 115i
    Sachs-Dolmar 117
    Sachs-Dolmar 112

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L3830GST, B7500HST, BX2660

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
    Always bugs me to see a foot high pile of snow on someone's roof. If there is less than an inch of powder and I am in a hurry, I will often leave it, but not more than that. It only takes an extra 30 seconds to clear it on my Volvo V90.

Aaron Z
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Robert Heinlein, Time Enough for Love

Tractor
    Kubota B7510

Sounds to me like the developer was being honery. You would think he would want to take good care of his first buyer and rely on him as a good reference. Like a model home....

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty Dive View Post
    I agree with what you said...he would definetly be picky if this was a municipality driver. However, he knew this man well - since he paid $300K to have his home built over a years period. And only having one single driveway along a half mile road and asking him to turn the plow is just the nice thing and right thing to do for your customer. My buddy would never had made it an issue if it was a a Town employee.

AND....I shared it because it was a funny story

Tractor
    Kioti DK45SE hst cab

anyone else see those fools that only clear a 10" circular opening on windshield of ice/snow before setting out down the road. they REALLY piss me off.

geesh, i guess purchasing an ice scraper would cut into the booze and smokes budget too much
    currently own
    2011 Kioti DK45SE HST CAB tractor/loader, Jimna 6" - 3 point wood chipper, 60" JD Brush Hog, JD 60" Rototiller, 3 point post hole digger with hydraulic assist, 3 point spring tooth rake, Fimco 55 gallon weed sprayer with 12 foot boom, 3 point hydraulic wood splitter (home built)
    Quick Attach 79" loader mount snowblower & rear powerpack
    Quick Attach 84" Snow Blade
    Quick Attach 42" pallet forks

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Kubota BX24

Quote Originally Posted by grsthegreat View Post
    anyone else see those fools that only clear a 10" circular opening on windshield of ice/snow before setting out down the road. they REALLY piss me off.

geesh, i guess purchasing an ice scraper would cut into the booze and smokes budget too much
    In Massachusetts we call those vehicles "Rhode Island Igloos".

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    PT 422

Quote Originally Posted by rockinmywaypa View Post
    There's a solution to having your drive filled if you can clean the roadside ahead of your lane. Whenever I blow my lane I make sure I blow at least 10 ft of the snow bank away in the direction the plow will be coming from. This way the plow empties before it gets to the actual laneway plus visibility is better when I'm driving out. Plus I put my mailbox on the away side so that the truck won't be pushing snow so he can veer out a little without feeling like he's missing any snow.
    We don't have much snow here, but this seems like a pretty good idea, I'll try it next time we get enough snow to plow.

Veteran Member

I've been told that I am too negative and always being critical, but it sure seems to me that our world is getting more stupid and less caring. I just try to do the right thing myself and encourage others to do the same... sometimes a nice word with them, other times some good old fashion passion is needed.
    2007 Kubota L3130, LA723 FEL
    Land Pride FDR1672 rear finish mower, Frontier RB1172, Koyker KB60 BH
    Pallet forks, Golf cart canopy bolted to ROPS, 9" & 12" PHD
    2016 Ferris IS700Z 52" Briggs 27hp commercial turf series

Platinum Member
    under the elephant\'s tail [ ontario can.]
    Tractor
    john deere 3130, universal

30 yrs ago when I was young and single I was driving along late one night and had to make a left turn after stopping at a stop sign. There had been a heavy snowfall that night and the plow driver drove straight through this intersection without doing the usual sweep around the corner. He left a bank about a foot or two across the road and I saw it after leaving and starting into my turn, as soon as I saw it I hit the gas in order to make it over but all I did was spin half way around and planted myself lengthwise on the mound 90degrees to the main traffic. I stopped the next car coming along which turned out to be an ex girlfriend and had to ask her to drive my car while I pushed it off the bank. Quite embarrassing and I'll forever hold it against that driver whoever he was.lol.

Tractor
    Massey Ferguson GC2400

Quote Originally Posted by rockinmywaypa View Post
    There's a solution to having your drive filled if you can clean the roadside ahead of your lane. Whenever I blow my lane I make sure I blow at least 10 ft of the snow bank away in the direction the plow will be coming from. This way the plow empties before it gets to the actual laneway plus visibility is better when I'm driving out. Plus I put my mailbox on the away side so that the truck won't be pushing snow so he can veer out a little without feeling like he's missing any snow.
    I clear about 120 feet from the edge of my driveway(my mailbox is 50 ft. before the drive), to keep the township plow truck from plowing me in. I only have the Massey to clear my snow with..........You wouldn't believe the amount of snow that I bucket up into my yard from the roadway
    Don

MF GC2400, FEL, 60in.MMM, 5ft. Cultivator, Single Bottom Plow, Bush Hog RTC48 tiller, MF 2360 front mount snowblower, 5ft backblade. BXpanded Piranha toothbar.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast