Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast
    Tractor
    John Deere 3120, John Deere 332

Default Re: Proper snow plowing etiquette.........

I dont know if it bothers anyone else, but there are a few things that really bug the crap out of me this time of year.

Well said LD1, and plenty of positive replies. Idiots are everywhere, Inconsiderate Idiots seem to be more prevalent than ever. I can deal with the average Idiot, but I have had it with the Inconsiderate Idiots. They have enjoyed too much stardom with reality television, to much instant validation with social media, and far too much protection with political correctness. Call 'em out everytime, everywhere and we can make that the new PC! I will plow back a sloppy speed bump every chance I get. I will help out anyone stuck in a snowbank except for the Iconsiderate Idiot that just passed me at an unacceptable speed in a foreign born SUV that couldn't protect the driver from his own stupidity in New England winter road conditions. Forget the 'Zombies' America, the Idiots are killing us! Thanks TBN, you don't seem to attract them.

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L3540 w/ LA514 FEL, 66" QA Bucket, 48" QA Forks, 7' RB, 18" Ripper, Ferris IS2000z ZTR

Quote Originally Posted by LD1 View Post
    If you read the owners manuals or literature that comes with a plow, everything says angle right.

Not there are many reasons why....

But the gist of it is that it is proven to be the safest. Less likely to get sucked into a snowbank. And if you get into an accident with an oncoming car There is alittle cushioning effect as your hydraulic hoses blow, and your blade spins around to the left.

From Boss's Website
    Also, if the plow was angled to the left and you did hit an oncoming car, you would be shot off to the right. It would seem like angling it this way may be safer until you hit that tree, fire hydrant, ditch, or other immovable object on your right. With your blade angled to the right when clipping an oncoming vehicle, at least everyone will most likely stay in the road afterwards.

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L3540 w/ LA514 FEL, 66" QA Bucket, 48" QA Forks, 7' RB, 18" Ripper, Ferris IS2000z ZTR

Quote Originally Posted by aczlan View Post
    The new LED light bars on the NY State Police vehicles are bright enough that if a trooper were to be standing next to the door directing traffic at night, they could not be seen as the lights will blind you.

Aaron Z
    It's starting to get this way here, too. Some of the cop cars' lights are so bright, you have to look away as you drive past. I've seen some from over a mile away and thought "man those lights are bright." A lot of the cop cars are also no longer looking like cop cars as they are buying a lot of the Dodge Chargers and all the lights are low profile or inside the windows and grills.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    PT 422

Quote Originally Posted by PhilY View Post
    It's starting to get this way here, too. Some of the cop cars' lights are so bright, you have to look away as you drive past. I've seen some from over a mile away and thought "man those lights are bright." A lot of the cop cars are also no longer looking like cop cars as they are buying a lot of the Dodge Chargers and all the lights are low profile or inside the windows and grills.
    I have to admit, those Chargers look pretty mean. But ya, i have to look away to see if i can pick up where the people are and make sure they're not in the road right in front of me.

Tractor
    '10 Kioti DK 40se/hst KL-401 FEL, loaded tires, KB-2485 bhoe, Tuffline TB160 boxblade, Woods QA forks, MIE Hydraulic bhoe thumb & ripper tooth, Igland 4001 winch, & GR-20 Log Grapple. Woods BBX72" Mower. Diamondplate aluminum canopy.

Lights. Double edged sword. Starts again with the morons who can't figure out what a yield sign or yield to oncoming traffic sign means. Moves up to stopping for stop signs, red lights, etc. So in order to get the attention of the now days dumb **s public, the police have to fight stupidity with a barrage of 'Alien runway' lights to keep from being run down. The down side is those who actually know how to drive are blinded by those same lights that sear our retinas, because of the astronomical number of idiots/morons, etc. that make all our driving lives miserable, raise our insurance rates because they have none, are suspended or have no license, or multiple DUI's, etc. Oops, almost forgot to mention, cell phones, texting, shaving, reading, putting on makeup.....
    The fact that some state laws have changed to make it mandatory for vehicles to pull over for emergency vehicles, or to stop and let them pass says it all to me. Common sense? NON-existant! I just can't believe the level of stupidity, every day, day after day; it sets new outstanding standards for the lunacy that is the general public let loose like a plague on the rest of us.
    Rant paused to breath....
    Last edited by Coyote machine; 01-26-2013 at 06:56 PM.
    2010 DK-40se/hst, Kioti KL-401 FEL, (reversible Kioti cutting edge), 72" Ratchet Rake. Fit Rite Top-N-Tilt hydraulics & diverter valve. HLA Series 2000 7' snowplow, Aquiline MPC rear chains. Samuri Sickle bar.

Scag Wildcat: Kawasaki 26HP, with bagger. Dr. brush mower, & 42" lawn deck, Dr. self propelled, 6.5HP Trimmer mower. Pro-Mow 3 gang mower, no HP.

Bunch of STIHL chainsaws: 011x 2, MS192T, MS200T, MS180C, MS230, MS270 (Wood Boss), 038 Farmboss, '86 anniversary edition.

It's too bad some people just don't want to take an extra minute or two to think of others. When I blow the ROW I make it a point to angle the chute so it doesn't throw the snow into he middle of the neighbor's yard. It's not the snow but all the gravel that's always mixed in unless the drive is frozen and has a good layer of packed snow on it. I can't believe the number of yards I pass that have brown strips from a snow blower down the middle of them.

At least, around here, there are very few people who will plow snow across a road or leave any snow in the road in general. I guess when you do it for up to 6 months a year you learn how to do it correctly. I do see people with way too many strobes. One or two beacons are usually enough. Once you start to put enough to rival an air strip you're now confusing people. I've also come to not like LEDs as much. I notice that they are extremely bright when you look at them, almost blinding. They leave others having to look away and that's the last thing you want.
    Kubota L4240,Case 580K backhoe, Case 450 Dozer

Tractor
    John Deere 2305, 2320,Z465

The light/ strobe thing, I think is more like a passion, hobby thing. Obviously there's a safety portion to the issue. But it's like a guy who waxes his tractor, good for him not for me. I don't have extra lights on either of my tractors but I don't have a need for it either. "Each to their own." I watched 4shorts youtube videos, retarted and cool at the same time in my opinion.

To 4shorts: don't take it personnal, enjoyed the videos, I'm just not about to do the same mods.
    Carefull what you aim for, Aim for nothing and you will achieve it with amazing accuracy.

Tractor
    Big & Small one :)

Quote Originally Posted by yelbike View Post

To 4shorts: don't take it personnal, enjoyed the videos, I'm just not about to do the same mods.
    Nope. I don't take it personal and I'm hoping you won't either when I say its not your ***** in the seat on the road when I'm plowing during a storm. The chances are I'll be seen with these lights better than I will without them and possibly avoiding an accident or even a death. If I feel they keep me safe then that's a good enough reason for me to have them
    ...Excellence is not a skill. It is an attitude...

Visit us on the web @ www.specialtyrepairs.ca

YouTube Video's: http://www.youtube.com/user/7863348?feature=guide

2011 Kubota 5740/854 FEL/L2674 Blower/Artic Angle blade with 3rd function set up,Rain Tracker Wiper system, custom built vertical exhaust,Grammer Air Ride Seat and other custom stuff
    2013 Kubota BX25D with many mods
    Kubota ZTR ZG 222 Z
    Custom Toyota Fork Lift

Tractor
    Massey Ferguson GC2400

Quote Originally Posted by 4shorts View Post
    The chances are I'll be seen with these lights better than I will without them and possibly avoiding an accident or even a death.
    And that's the reason that I'm looking to put more lights on mine. I'm on top of a blind knoll, and I've had some very close calls. I want enough lights to scare the 'bejesus' out of the morons that travel this roadway.
    Don

MF GC2400, FEL, 60in.MMM, 5ft. Cultivator, Single Bottom Plow, Bush Hog RTC48 tiller, MF 2360 front mount snowblower, 5ft backblade. BXpanded Piranha toothbar.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    PT 422

Quote Originally Posted by Don87 View Post
    And that's the reason that I'm looking to put more lights on mine. I'm on top of a blind knoll, and I've had some very close calls. I want enough lights to scare the 'bejesus' out of the morons that travel this roadway.
    Eeek it's a UFO landing!!

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast