Snow Equipment Buying/Pricing 8 foot fisher plow for 5045E

/ 8 foot fisher plow for 5045E #41  
Just bumping this thread up so a member can find it easy. I'm about to park the plow for the summer and take the chains off the back but there is another 3 to 5 inches of "wintery mix in the forecast so better wait a bit.

Good Afternoon vtsnowedin,
You might think about welding a small dia pipe to your cutting edge also. If you are plowing early winter or late winter storms, chances are you are going to tear your driveway up... Also if you have to plow any of your yard, nothing makes more of a mess than a bunch of sod all torn up ! Just a thought.

Enjoyed your thread ! :)

/ 8 foot fisher plow for 5045E
Good Afternoon vtsnowedin,
You might think about welding a small dia pipe to your cutting edge also. If you are plowing early winter or late winter storms, chances are you are going to tear your driveway up... Also if you have to plow any of your yard, nothing makes more of a mess than a bunch of sod all torn up ! Just a thought.

Enjoyed your thread ! :)
I had a learning curve this winter so do have some sods to put back where they came from, but the pipe won't be necessary. I can change the angle of attack by raising or lowering the loader arms to make it cut clean or slide over grass. On the half mile drive I want it cut as clean as I can get it and it will cut right down to the gravel which for me is usually well frozen for most of the winter.

/ 8 foot fisher plow for 5045E #43  
I had a learning curve this winter so do have some sods to put back where they came from, but the pipe won't be necessary. I can change the angle of attack by raising or lowering the loader arms to make it cut clean or slide over grass. On the half mile drive I want it cut as clean as I can get it and it will cut right down to the gravel which for me is usually well frozen for most of the winter.

I've got the same problem, spent about 4 hours yesterday replacing sod...guess it just goes with the territory plowing with a loader, huh?

/ 8 foot fisher plow for 5045E #44  

I've got the same problem, spent about 4 hours yesterday replacing sod...guess it just goes with the territory plowing with a loader, huh?

You can peel sod with a pickup truck but with the wider range of attack angles the loader can give, you can dig all the way to China if you try.

Giving this a bump so a new member can find it.