Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast
    Tractor
    Kubota L 5240 John Deere 550 Gator Toro 60 in zero turn Toro 44 in walk behind

Default Re: South West Virginia Snow

Still have three good chances at winter weather in the coming ten days one Wednesday Saturday and early next week. Still need moisture for upcoming spring and can really use some more seat time. March looks to be warm and stormy

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    John Deere 3038E

NWS gives us three chances in the next 10 days... None of which agree with the Farmers Almanac. But you are right... We do need moisture, and a lot of it. A few feet of snow would be great, but highly unlikely given the weather patterns this year. Looks more like lots of rain and snow showers, but probably not any real heavy stuff. I'm waiting.

Tractor

No snow today only rain showers and quite cool, next chance at the white still Friday. Ground to wet now to even get in the field

Tractor

Looks like we are in for a huge snow storm on March 6. The models are all aligning up maybe up to 17 inches. Lots and lots of tractor time. Spreading 36 yards of mulch today and then more trees to cut down

Tractor
    new holland tn70

yeah i see that forcast it's snowing here now but don't think it;s going to amount to much. i spread lime yesterday afternoon got the spreader full now will try to spread it after while. it has snowed here for last 3 days but none on the ground just suppose to be 29 degrees today so might get some measurable percipt today. looks promissing for tuesday and wensday.

Tractor
    Kubota 9540, RTV 900 and David Brown 885.

I hope you're right, I'm getting some equipment in from Galax later this morning and don't feel like having to mess around in the snow unloading it.
    Last edited by DT86; 03-02-2013 at 08:15 AM.

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    John Deere 3038E

NWS has us getting a few inches up here in the Valley. I hope for more. I have a year-old John Deere and have had no chance to test in in the snow... And we need the moisture. I'd kinda' like a foot or so just for a change. And the weather the week after the 6th is mild so any snow won't hang around to be annoying.

Tractor
    Massey Ferguson GC2400

AccuWeather is showing a possible huge storm. They are comparing it to 1962: East Coast Storm Risk Next Week - AccuWeather.com
    Don

MF GC2400, FEL, 60in.MMM, 5ft. Cultivator, Single Bottom Plow, Bush Hog RTC48 tiller, MF 2360 front mount snowblower, 5ft backblade. BXpanded Piranha toothbar.

Tractor

Storm is still on track for major Va dump up to 2 feet in some places especially I81 corridor . Got 18 yards of mulch spread 6 tons of 21a pug mill stone placed using tractor and 6 tons of riprap placed mainly by hand. Good day to work outside but kinda chilly. Maybe cold is preparing ground for late season snow

Tractor
    new holland tn70

i think i will go get me some diesel 2 mar looks like i might need it. i used most of mine today spreading lime, my arm's are like a dish rag now i spread 6580 lb lime and it was all in 40 lb bag's. i know your question so i will go ahead and answer it [ it is free that's why i got it in 40 lb bags]

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast