Snow Attachments Attaching a front-end snow blower to JD4200 tractor

/ Attaching a front-end snow blower to JD4200 tractor #1  

woodwacker

Tractor
JD 4200
I have a JD4200 and currently use a rear mounted Meteor (Walco) 59" snow blower. However, back issues and surgery now limit my ability to turn around in the seat to watch the rear attachment. I am trying to find a front end snow blower or a third party adaptor kit so that I can mount a front end blower. Ideally I would like to use my existing blower with a gear reducer at the front end. I've discovered that JD no longer sells front end blowers for their 4200 tractors - you need to have a JD3320. Any ideas? (I live in Ontario, Canada)

/ Attaching a front-end snow blower to JD4200 tractor #2  
If you have a mid-PTO you may be able to rig something up to work. If not you'd need to either use a transmission to direct power forward under the tractor, as per Erskine Front Mount Snowblower - Erskine Attachments, Inc. and others, or use a hydraulic (Skid-steer blower, Deere makes one also) front blower with a rear PTO driven hydraulic pump. Neither of those are cheap, think circa 10 grand. Cheapest option - very good for roads, less so for tight areas, is a rear pull blower. People say you're driving over the snow first, but the experience of those who use them seems very positive and the blower will pick up the compressed snow anyway.

/ Attaching a front-end snow blower to JD4200 tractor #3  
You might try the SnoVac website for a front mounted Blower, I've been looking myself for my 4200. <http://www.snowvac.com/index.php> The SnoVac JR60 might do it. I havn't contacted them yet but I intend too. Good Luck

/ Attaching a front-end snow blower to JD4200 tractor #4  
It will take deep pockets to adapt anything. A hydraulic driven two stage mounted on the loader. And a massive pto pump is the only practical combo.