Snow Equipment Owning/Operating Back blade turned snow plow

/ Back blade turned snow plow #1  

Mac25

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota B2320 HST with LA 364 FEL
Anybody ever adapted a back blade into a FEL snow plow? I know it would'nt have the trip springs, but would be nice kill two birds with one stone and they are considerably cheaper than a standard snow plow.

Sent from my iPhone using TractorByNet

/ Back blade turned snow plow #3  
I looked into this for my B2320. Not really economical. You'll need the LA504 skid steer quick hitch adapter from ATI which retails around $800. This won't allow you to use the standard bucket unless you're willing to constantly swap pins or purchased the Kubota quick hitch B1658 which is another $274. Then that adapter for $300. Too many adapters and too much money IMO.

/ Back blade turned snow plow #4  
I don't believe that it work work well unless you are pushing only a small amount of snow. First of all, they are not tall enough. When I plow a foot of snow, it rolls over the top towards the trailing side. They also don't have the curvature necessary to roll the snow up and outward. A dairy farmer friend of mine had a front hitch on a 2300 something series JD tractor that you could put a scraper blade on and push cow manure out of the alleyway into a trench in his barn. But 110 cows can't produce 12" of sloppy poop in a week no matter how hard they try.

/ Back blade turned snow plow
Moldboard height and the fact that they dont have trip springs were my concern although I would think you could make an adapter to fit the B1658 and be able to put trip springs on it someway.

Sent from my iPhone using TractorByNet