Heap big snow.

/ Heap big snow. #11  
I hope so.

My winter wonderland is just about all melted. The sledding hill is there, along with the other kid mountains... but they are all much smaller.

I could use a good snowstorm! :D

/ Heap big snow. #12  
High on my 2013 to-do list is to build a cab for next winter! It was 5* out and windy, my hands were cold even with mittens and handwarmers.

Isn't it nice to have a machine that can get the job done. I agree on the cab. Whether you buy ready made or build it yourself it will pay for itself with just one long night out of the cold wind. I wimped out and bought mine ready made but if you have any skills plus the support you can get here on TBN you should be warm as toast by next winter.
011613135632_zps7385ebc2.jpg

/ Heap big snow. #13  
Isn't it nice to have a machine that can get the job done. I agree on the cab. Whether you buy ready made or build it yourself it will pay for itself with just one long night out of the cold wind. I wimped out and bought mine ready made but if you have any skills plus the support you can get here on TBN you should be warm as toast by next winter.

News in Connecticut said 1 to 2 feet Friday into Saturday, weather channel said 1 to 3 inches that means rain! Haven't had good snow to play in a wile. I had a cab on the tractor when I picked it up with a heater, I didn't wimp out I just hate being cold. Best toy ever.

Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet

/ Heap big snow. #14  
Got a foot plus in Toronto, but only about 6" up at the cottage. Still, enough to go out and blow - just have to attach the 3 pt blower to the back of the BX25 first!

Here's little Bertha from last winter.

IMG_1526.jpgIMG_1527.jpg

/ Heap big snow. #15  
High on my 2013 to-do list is to build a cab for next winter! It was 5* out and windy, my hands were cold even with mittens and handwarmers.

That's a lot of passes to get the job done. A snow plow blade with power angle will move snow to where you want it with a third of the time and a third of the fuel. I did a full half mile with four drives and turn arounds today with drifts in two hours. It was +1 F this morning with a wind that cut like a dull razor. Love my cab.:cool2:

/ Heap big snow. #16  
Like'd the video. Here is what I came up with for a cab. Works awesome! Keeps the wind & snow off me and is plenty warm.

What size plow do you have? How does it work? I just mounted a 7 foot western to my B2400's FEL arms. I haven't had a chance to give it a work out. I was wondering if you had any problems plowing snow with the plow mounted to the FEL arms.

/ Heap big snow. #17  
What size plow do you have? How does it work? I just mounted a 7 foot western to my B2400's FEL arms. I haven't had a chance to give it a work out. I was wondering if you had any problems plowing snow with the plow mounted to the FEL arms.

Tom,
If it helps I have a 7 ft. On my JD 855 mounted on the arms, works great. Angle arms are hooked to the tilt lines. I just plowed 30 inches Saturday and with the plow on the FEL I was able to push the snow much higher (15 ft or better) than if it was a regular plow frame. Better visibility as well. Just as with the bucket on keep plow low unless billing the snow. Plow is heavier than an empty bucket.

Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet

Attachments

• image-730746556.jpg
    image-730746556.jpg
    444.6 KB · Views: 202
   / Heap big snow. #18  
Thanks. Our tractors look to be roughly equivalent. Makes me feel better. Looks like I might have a chance to give my plow a workout this week. The weathermen are saying 6 -12 inches on Thursday.

/ Heap big snow. #19  
All our storms get stolen by the ocean.

Not this time. Up here we're having "big heap snow" and it's gonna last 'til Thursday morning. Went out to buy some caffeine tablets, something tells me I ain't about to sleep, hired help (nephew) is out of town so I'm on my own, yippee. 3am I'll do parking lots with the 5105M, then back to base and switch to the 4720 for the driveways, then back to the parking lots to take care of plow crud.

/ Heap big snow. #20  
Karl2 said:
Not this time. Up here we're having "big heap snow" and it's gonna last 'til Thursday morning. Went out to buy some caffeine tablets, something tells me I ain't about to sleep, hired help (nephew) is out of town so I'm on my own, yippee. 3am I'll do parking lots with the 5105M, then back to base and switch to the 4720 for the driveways, then back to the parking lots to take care of plow crud.

Yes, mid Jan to early Feb, we lost 3 feet of predicted snow to the ocean. But THEN so. Maine had a new record snowfall, almost 3 feet :thumbsup:

Did your caffiene tablets help?