Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Silver Member
    Tractor
    Mahindra 4035

Default Re: Heap big snow.

We had another foot overnight.

Quote Originally Posted by vtsnowedin View Post
    That's a lot of passes to get the job done. A snow plow blade with power angle will move snow to where you want it with a third of the time and a third of the fuel. I did a full half mile with four drives and turn arounds today with drifts in two hours. It was +1 F this morning with a wind that cut like a dull razor. Love my cab.
    This is a Meyer plower with power angle.

Quote Originally Posted by tomf View Post
    What size plow do you have? How does it work? I just mounted a 7 foot western to my B2400's FEL arms. I haven't had a chance to give it a work out. I was wondering if you had any problems plowing snow with the plow mounted to the FEL arms.
    The plow in the video is a Meyer ST90, 7.5' plow. It works great, the only time I've had a bit of trouble steering was one very wet snowfall that had become partially frozen. My 40hp Mahindra has plenty of power for this size plow, in fact I am going to be putting wings on for next season.

Quote Originally Posted by RockyNY View Post
    We had another foot overnight.

This is a Meyer plower with power angle.

The plow in the video is a Meyer ST90, 7.5' plow. It works great, the only time I've had a bit of trouble steering was one very wet snowfall that had become partially frozen. My 40hp Mahindra has plenty of power for this size plow, in fact I am going to be putting wings on for next season.
    Opps My bad. I had to go back and look again. I thought you had a fixed blade and were only pushing straight ahead. But you just had a LOT of snow that was over running both ends.
    Keep up the good work.

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Mahindra 4035

Quote Originally Posted by vtsnowedin View Post
    Opps My bad. I had to go back and look again. I thought you had a fixed blade and were only pushing straight ahead. But you just had a LOT of snow that was over running both ends.
    Keep up the good work.
    I'm going to try some plow wings next year, I think it will speed up the process. I plow a parking lot.

Quote Originally Posted by RockyNY View Post
    I'm going to try some plow wings next year, I think it will speed up the process. I plow a parking lot.
    The ones that came on the used plow I bought work pretty well for pushing straight ahead as you would clearing a parking lot. They angle ahead about twenty degrees and turn the plow into a cupped hand. They have thick rubber blade corner bits that bend back when you hit something like a curb. They don't actually work all that well as a wing as the tops don't come up as high as the main plow and are clipped back. I'm thinking of making a piece for the right side that would mount on the wing mounting pins that is shaped to bench the bank back the way I want it without the tractor riding out in the snow bank.

Tractor
    Kubota L2800HST w/Frontloader & CC LTX1046

By the sounds..weatherman..north east looking at another good dumping this coming Sunday..

Gold Member
    Tractor
    '09 JD 5105M Cab & '05 JD 4720 Cab

Quote Originally Posted by madmax12 View Post
    Did your caffiene tablets help?
    Awesome, I'm bouncing off the cab walls

Still snowing strong here. At times it stops for an hour then here we go again. NWS says it's because there are two distinct storms affecting the area. Haven't seen this sort of thing often but it happens every couple years I guess. Now, it's not in the forecast yet but I suspect the huge storm moving towards the Great Lakes will be here within a few days. These storms usually follow the St. Lawrence Valley tracking eastward out of the Lakes so in Maine it mostly affects areas situated west of the mountains along the Canadian border in Franklin, Somerset and parts of Aroostook.
    JD 5105M & JD 4720 Cabbies w. Shoule reversible snow blade/Shoule rear snowblower; Pronovost blower; backhoe and some attachments I have no idea what they are for.

Gold Member
    Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
    By the sounds..weatherman..north east looking at another good dumping this coming Sunday..
    Yep. Satellite pictures don't lie, it's coming this way and should affect northern New England within 3 or 4 days.
    JD 5105M & JD 4720 Cabbies w. Shoule reversible snow blade/Shoule rear snowblower; Pronovost blower; backhoe and some attachments I have no idea what they are for.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    2012 Kioti CK27HST w/cab

Quote Originally Posted by Karl2 View Post
    Awesome, I'm bouncing off the cab walls
    You be extremely careful with those caffiene goobers and your heart! Especially if you have a history of heart problems or are older than 50.

Gold Member
    Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by Looking4new View Post
    You be extremely careful with those caffiene goobers and your heart! Especially if you have a history of heart problems or are older than 50.
    I'm 49 and no heart problems. 2 tablets is like an espresso, I don't take them by the handful

Quote Originally Posted by Karl2 View Post
    I'm 49 and no heart problems. 2 tablets is like an espresso, I don't take them by the handful
    So in twelve months you have to start taking care of yourself. Why wait? Believe me you will never regret anything you do in the way of good diet ,exercise and reduction of artificial stimulants, . Hard to do I know but if you have the will, your family will thank you for it.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast