Heap big snow.

/ Heap big snow. #1  

RockyNY

Gold Member
Tractor
Kioti NX6010CH
Well, the lake effect machine has been churning for a few days now, we've gotten about 20" so far from this storm and it's still coming down. The heaviest snowfall was Monday night, I plowed just over a foot of snow on Tuesday morning and got some video of the Mahindra 4035 doing it's job with a Meyers ST90 loader mounted plow. I'll be putting the video up soon. Who else has been getting plenty of seat time?

/ Heap big snow.
High on my 2013 to-do list is to build a cab for next winter! It was 5* out and windy, my hands were cold even with mittens and handwarmers.

/ Heap big snow. #3  
Now thats having way to much fun. :)

/ Heap big snow. #4  
Like'd the video. Here is what I came up with for a cab. Works awesome! Keeps the wind & snow off me and is plenty warm.

Attachments

• image-2667714498.jpg
    image-2667714498.jpg
    434.4 KB · Views: 498
   / Heap big snow. #5  
http://youtu.be/KDz593_CqjA

At the first of the link is the cab I made. Made of wood and plexiglass. Had metal channel coming from the motor area into the cab for heat. Worked good but not as good as my newer tractor with factory cab.

Attachments

• image-939440593.jpg
    image-939440593.jpg
    245.4 KB · Views: 325
   / Heap big snow.
Well we are getting pummeled again. Got 6 or 8" today, but it was very windy and drifted real bad. I was out on the tractor for awhile just before dark, trying to get a head start for the morning plowing, but I had to give up, the snow was coming down so heavy and it was so windy I couldn't keep my eyes open. Up to two more feet on the way...

/ Heap big snow. #7  
RockyNY said:
Well we are getting pummeled again. Got 6 or 8" today, but it was very windy and drifted real bad. I was out on the tractor for awhile just before dark, trying to get a head start for the morning plowing, but I had to give up, the snow was coming down so heavy and it was so windy I couldn't keep my eyes open. Up to two more feet on the way...

I wish we had your snow. All our storms get stolen by the ocean. We had over 50 degrees and rain this week. Except for the huge sledding hill and climbing mountains I made with the kids, its all grass.

Got any pics for us?

/ Heap big snow. #8  
I too live in WNY. I have a NH T1510 with a 64" blower. That's what's nice about a blower, 3 inches, or 2 feet.... no sweat.

Yes, it's snowing now...... but still, nothing like years ago...... Remember blizzards of 77 and 85? I really don't mind snow, but the older I get, the less I like driving in it.

/ Heap big snow.
Where in WNY are you guys at ? Orleans county here

Chautauqua county, just a bit south of Fredonia. We got 18" sunday night into monday, and they're talking 6-12" starting tomorrow night. Sounds like the coast is going to get clobbered though.