Snow Equipment Owning/Operating Snowblower for Snow Removal Question

/ Snowblower for Snow Removal Question #1  

massey184ferguson

Bronze Member
Tractor
Massey Ferguson 184-4
What is the best thing to do with the snow that the blower leaves in front of my neighbors (and other clients) garage door? It takes alot of time to get out at every driveway and shovel the snow away... what is the best thing to do?

Last edited:
   / Snowblower for Snow Removal Question #2  
I use my loader blade to "pull" the snow away from those areas the blower can not reach, (back blade) to an area where the blower can deal with it. It's better to open the door if you are not confident in your loader operations.

/ Snowblower for Snow Removal Question #4  
I had the same question back in 2007 - it led to this snow blower back blade project. Although it does a decent job, I use my front-mount blower mostly now and clean up by turning sharp and sweeping it sideways. If you plan your moves there aren't that many places where you have to leave a lot. My customers don't mind detailing it with a shovel - especially considering my rates.

/ Snowblower for Snow Removal Question #5  
what is the best thing to do?

Make it part of your contract that it is up to them to shovel. It doesn't matter if you use a back blade or FEL or other, you will never get up tight to the door.
Same with garbage can, parked cars, kids toys....drive around them. If you can't do it from the cab of the tractor, don't do it.

/ Snowblower for Snow Removal Question #6  
Make it part of your contract that it is up to them to shovel. It doesn't matter if you use a back blade or FEL or other, you will never get up tight to the door.
Same with garbage can, parked cars, kids toys....drive around them. If you can't do it from the cab of the tractor, don't do it.

Ditto. If the client is disabled and really needs someone to clear the snow to the last flake he or she is better off hiring someone from the neighborhood who'll do it with a walk-behind blower. It will cost more but clients have to be aware that snow clearing with a tractor is rough finish. If they insist I send my nephew to polish it off with a Honda snowblower but that doubles the value of the contract. Hondas are not cheap and neither are the pickups required to carry them, not to mention labor costs.

/ Snowblower for Snow Removal Question #7  
   / Snowblower for Snow Removal Question #8  
I also tell my clients that these piles are their concern. no one has complained.

if someone was disabled, then i guess id have to carry as shovel to pull it away from the door for them. but this is not an issue for me yet.

/ Snowblower for Snow Removal Question #9  
hey I have attached to my blower a hydraulic blade , so i can come within a couple of inches from the door ,. I just use the blade to back scrape and then blow it away.

/ Snowblower for Snow Removal Question #10  
MK Martin makes an electrically-operated blade for their pull-type blowers as shown here (under the options tab):

http://mkmartin.ca/products/snow_pull_mod.php

Perhaps a similar setup could be made for a front mount blower.