Snow Equipment Owning/Operating Bucket vs Snow Pusher

/ Bucket vs Snow Pusher #1  

massey184ferguson

Bronze Member
Tractor
Massey Ferguson 184-4
What is better, a bucket or snow pusher? I've seen some pretty nice pushers on here, might consider making one myself.

/ Bucket vs Snow Pusher #2  
As far as I can see the only use for a pusher would be in a parking lot.With a lite materials bucket you can pick it up and move.Standard duty buckets,for the most part don't have enough volume.They are better than a shovel.

/ Bucket vs Snow Pusher #3  
I'd pick snow pusher over bucket..for I have place to stack snow no need to bucket away,also less passes w/pusher compare to bucket.

/ Bucket vs Snow Pusher #4  
I like my bucket. When we get big storms I have to be able to lift the snow up and dump it on top of some areas that can't be pushed.
IE: In front of my driveway I can only push across the street so long until it's 6' tall, and then I have to lift it and dump it on the opposite (my side) which has a 3-4' dirt wall depending where I dump.

The bucket also makes it fun for snow cave building and such :D

If I had a place to push, and was on flat ground I'd go pusher probably... down the road when we pave I plan to go with a blower! Now it's out of the way for good :)

/ Bucket vs Snow Pusher #5  
i have both snowpusher goes on and off within a minute.SNOWPUSHER HANDS DOWN.yOUD BE SURPRISED TO SEE HOW MUCH HIGHER YOU CAN STACK IT WITH A PUSHER. With the side wings you dont start loosing it off the sides ,and can even keep it contained going around a corner.
ALAN

/ Bucket vs Snow Pusher #6  
Can you lift it with a pusher or just push it so it builds up? I didn't think you could lift with a pusher ???

/ Bucket vs Snow Pusher #7  
allot of times when the snow isn't that deep I just push it with the blower attachment. It acts as a box blade and will pile the snow up.

/ Bucket vs Snow Pusher #8  
yes ,you can,mine mounts on the front of my bucket ,i can get the bankings pushed up 3 to 4 ft higher with it on

/ Bucket vs Snow Pusher #9  
I can move snow a lot faster with a blade then I can with the bucket. The bucket on my tractor is only 5' wide where the dozer blade is 7' wide. I dont need to pile snow up anywhere otherwise a bucket might be better for that. Just my .02 cents.
Steve

B4.jpgB15.jpg

/ Bucket vs Snow Pusher #10  
Reversible pusher, also called a push-pull blade, is by far my favorite snow-clearing front implement. Like mentioned above when used properly you can pile up a lot of snow with it and in pull mode you can reach near buildings and other areas that would otherwise require a walk-behind blower or a shovel to clear properly. One caveat though, in order to maximize efficiency a rear blower must be used in conjunction with a push-pull.