Pushing Snow Across the dirt road and down into the ditch

/ Pushing Snow Across the dirt road and down into the ditch #61  
If the road is clear and it is the legal posted speed then it is safe to drive that fast.

Robert speed limits are set for the best conditions. Lets say that you are going the speed limit in rain and hit the vehicle in front of you trying to stop. On a dry road you would have been clear. That means you were going to fast. Lets say you were going 25 mph in a 50 mph zine in the snow and ended up in a ditch. You were not speeding but still going to fast for the road in snow. The charge is driving to fast for conditions.

Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet

/ Pushing Snow Across the dirt road and down into the ditch #62  
Robert speed limits are set for the best conditions. Lets say that you are going the speed limit in rain and hit the vehicle in front of you trying to stop. On a dry road you would have been clear. That means you were going to fast. Lets say you were going 25 mph in a 50 mph zine in the snow and ended up in a ditch. You were not speeding but still going to fast for the road in snow. The charge is driving to fast for conditions.
And if the road is clean, clear and dry the day (or a couple of days) after the snowstorm other than the one spot just past the top of the hill where some fool plowed snow from their driveway across the road and dumped a large mound of snow across the road?

Aaron Z

/ Pushing Snow Across the dirt road and down into the ditch #63  

If the road is clear and it is the legal posted speed then it is safe to drive that fast.

Why? If it is a legal speed limit on the road and the road conditions are clear why not drive legal speed limits? But now everything is fine and someone decides to clear their drive a day after the snow storm and pushes it across the road. Now all the road is clear till you hit what someone just pushed into the road.

Each of my replies stated that the roads were clear. I understand road conditions dictate the proper speed which is why I addressed road conditions in hypothetical situation replies. :confused:

/ Pushing Snow Across the dirt road and down into the ditch #64  
I no matter what speed some one is traveling it is a hazard, if it is pushed into the road and freezes it is like hitting a block or an unsuspecting ice patch. It is a HAZARD! If you must push it across the road please just clean it up. One other thing it is easy to figure out who's driveway the snow came from and it should be noted in any accident report as a contributing factor. If it came from your driveway can you spell law suit?

As I said 2 posts before can you spell law suit?

/ Pushing Snow Across the dirt road and down into the ditch #65  
Each of my replies stated that the roads were clear. I understand road conditions dictate the proper speed which is why I addressed road conditions in hypothetical situation replies. :confused:

Sorry Robert I misread , I STAND CORRECTED!

/ Pushing Snow Across the dirt road and down into the ditch #66  
I can understand the complaint from various angles ...I would maybe see what your local laws are and have them take a look at your work , might save you a court problem later.. In the city where i live I normally remove the snow from the boulevard across from me and the snow that the plow would put in my driveway. I clear the neighbours to each side of me . When i am done there is no snow from curb to curb and the curb to edge of my lawn is clear also. Our "plow aimers" ( they certainly arent good operators) get between 1 to 2 feet from the curb by winters end .. On a two way street with a school and poles across the road it gets narrow quick..Almost all of the snow removed is on my lawn when i am done..

/ Pushing Snow Across the dirt road and down into the ditch #67  
Why is it so hard for people to keep there c.r.a.p on there property be it snow/brush or any other thing. I guess it comes down to being lazy after all its much easier to just push it across the road onto someone else's land. Neighbors, now thats one thing some can live without.:censored:

/ Pushing Snow Across the dirt road and down into the ditch #68  
Why is it so hard for people to keep there c.r.a.p on there property be it snow/brush or any other thing. I guess it comes down to being lazy after all its much easier to just push it across the road onto someone else's land. Neighbors, now thats one thing some can live without.:censored:

How very true :)

/ Pushing Snow Across the dirt road and down into the ditch #69  

This is so true. I watched with amazement, as the wife of a neighbor down our road blew all the fall leaves across the road off her property on to the their neighbors place. All I could say was, "wow".

Didn't mean to hijack... :(

Yes, I would continue doing what you had been doing all these years and never-mind the neighbor....

/ Pushing Snow Across the dirt road and down into the ditch #70  
I have woods behind me , but I also have a fence with gates that come fall. I leave them open and push the snow out into the woods and My driveway is nice and clear.