Tractor
    Kubota

Default Husvarna Doser Blade

I have a 26Hp Husqvarna riding mower and want to use it in the winter for snow removal. They offer a snow blade. Any suggestions?

Tractor
    John Deere 2032r

I'm no expert but if you have a lot of driveway to clear you might look into a snowblower for your tractor. Snow blade for that

Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet

Tractor
    John Deere 2032r

Quote Originally Posted by DABSGT View Post
    I'm no expert but if you have a lot of driveway to clear you might look into a snowblower for your tractor. Snow blade for that tractor will be small

Tractor
    Kubota L3400DT

Default Re: Husvarna Doser Blade

I'd agree with that. 2wd, wide tires, not much weight doesn't lend itself well to pushing snow. Even with the blower attachment you'll need rear chains and a weight box unless you weigh 350 lbs. A 4x4 ATV does better in most conditions because the plow weighs enough to give the front wheels some bite.

The problem with any plow is finding room to put the snow. Plus you have to drive off the driveway surface to dump the snow, then claw your way back on to it. If you don't, if you get any amount over the winter you'll very quickly run out of places to put it.

The blower allows you to throw it clear off the driveway while still staying on the hard surface. It makes better use of the engine power to do the work and relies less on traction.

My

Sean

Tractor
    Kubota

Default Re: Husvarna Doser Blade

Thanks, Sean. For the really heavy snow I have two neighbors with kubota's (4wd) that do the trick. For the lighter stuff (under 4 inch) I used to use a 24hp john deere lawn tractor with a small 42 inch blade that worked (most of the time). Comparing pound for pound, the new Husq weighs about 250 pounds more so traction (with chains) should be better than the former Deere. If life were good, I would just buy a regular 4wd farm tractor and not worry about it. But then, $500 for a blade seems better than $15,000 for a new tractor. If things get really deep, I do have another neighbor up the road with a 145hp john deer and doser blade...