Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 8151617181920 LastLast
    Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Hurlimann 435, Fordson E27n, Bolens HT-23

Default Re: Posible blizzard coming to Massachusetts and surrounding states

Quote Originally Posted by daugen View Post
    those new storms are turning to rain, they think for us, but you guys are going to get another dose.
    The driveway melt companies must be licking their corporate chops.

clip.
    These are NOT storms, It's just snowing!

A "Storm" lasts three days, You can't see out the windows for two, and the snow goes SIDEWAYS all the time. and you leave the house when it's done. through an upstairs window!

Jeesh, You would think no one has ever wintered in the Dakotas!

;-)

Tractor
    Kubota BX2230

Quote Originally Posted by CalG View Post
    These are NOT storms, It's just snowing!

A "Storm" lasts three days, You can't see out the windows for two, and the snow goes SIDEWAYS all the time. and you leave the house when it's done. through an upstairs window!

Jeesh, You would think no one has ever wintered in the Dakotas!

;-)
    Exactly! You can claim blizzard-like conditions when it's coming down like crazy and the 30 mph winds. But it ain't a true blizzard unless it's 3 days long. Look it up; that's a true definition!
    Spent 5 winters in Fargo.

Tractor
    New Holland TC40

Quote Originally Posted by RaydaKub View Post
    Exactly! You can claim blizzard-like conditions when it's coming down like crazy and the 30 mph winds. But it ain't a true blizzard unless it's 3 days long. Look it up; that's a true definition!
    Was that one year, or two?
    "Those were the days my friend, we thought they'd never end ..."
    When there is a huge solar energy spill, it is called a "nice day"!

Tractor
    Kubota L5740, Gravely 8199G

parking lot iceberg

better be careful they don't drift out onto the interstate!!
    2012 Kubota L5740HSTC3 with FEL and Long grapple, 1986 Case IH 255, Land Pride PD10 PHD, LP RCR60 & RCF2084 mowers, LP 4' box blade and rear rake, Fred Cain subsoiler, County Line potato plow, County Line 1 bottom plow, 1986 Gravely 8199G with tow behind DR rototiller, 50" deck+40" Gravely wing mowers, Swisher 44 rough cut mower,, Echo 450-18 & 600-24, Echo PPT280, 2014 JD X750 diesel garden tractor, 1968 Cub Cadet 125 under renovation, Husky-Speeco 35 ton splitter, DR tow behind string trimmer

Tractor
    Kubota L2250

Quote Originally Posted by RaydaKub View Post
    I always thought that a blizzard was longer in duration too, but they kept citing the three hour minimum on the news throughout this last blizzard. Here is the actual definition: "A blizzard is a severe snowstorm characterized by strong sustained winds of at least 56 km/h (35 mph) and lasting for a prolonged period of time — typically three hours or more. A severe blizzard has winds over 72 km/h (45 mph), near zero visibility, and temperatures of −12 °C (10 °F) or lower. Technically, the difference between a blizzard and a snowstorm is not the amount of snow but the strength of the wind."

Posted a few pics....had a blast playing out in this stuff!-dscn0043-jpg-69683_10151417498956067_1798525354_n-1-jpg-dscn0039-jpg
    Kubota L2250, 7' International rear blade, 5' JD brush cutter, 6' King Kutter york rake, Pronovost Puma-64 snowblower, Bear Cat 73454 Wood Chipper, Ratchet Rake,Pats Easy Change

Tractor
    Kubota BX2230

Quote Originally Posted by The Deerslayer View Post
    I always thought that a blizzard was longer in duration too, but they kept citing the three hour minimum on the news throughout this last blizzard.
    You actually looked it up!

Must have been a dictionary written out east though. No self respecting NoDakian would accept such a wimpy time frame.

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L5740HSTC3; B3000HSDCC

3 hours? That's just a squall line moving through.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    PT 422

Quote Originally Posted by RFB View Post
    3 hours? That's just a squall line moving through.
    Might say it's blizzard like conditions, but calling it a blizzard would seemed to be stretching things abit.

Tractor
    Bobcat S185 skid steer - Ferris IS500Z - JD GT235

Snow removal Friday night and Saturday morning and now it's 38º and rain.
    Time loves to be wasted. From that waste their is no salvage - Henry Ford

Also - E Terra E 60 SSQA backhoe • Erskine 73" blower •TSC QA boom pole • Bradco 48" forks • JLG T350 Boom Lift • 2001 Ford F450 w/Telsta A28D aerial lift • CAM Superline 6x12 dump • (2) Kristi 7x18 enclosed • 2014 Ford F250 Super Cab gasser • 2007 Mustang GT • 2007 Crown Vic P71 Police Interceptor

Tractor
    Kubota BX25

Got about 26" here in south central CT. Worst storm I've seen in a lot of years. Many reports of 30" - 40" not far from here. Supposedly, Hamden CT was the big winner with 40". We had thunder snow about 8:00 Friday night. Sleet mixed in for an hour or so, so I think that's why the totals ended up below 30". Still a _____ load of snow to deal with.

Got caught with my pants down too. Don't know what I was thinking, but I had the plow on the tractor parked in the garage facing out. Went out Friday about 5:30 and cleared about 6" from my drive and two other neighbors. Come Saturday morning, I couldn't plow out my own drive. Keep getting stuck - just too much snow to push and really no where to push it. Me and the wife, bless here heart, shoveled about 120' out to the shed so I could put the front loader on. That took maybe two hours

There was at least 5' wide bank of snow from where the town plowed the road to our mailbox, and about 4' high. Spent 6 hours out Saturday and another 6 on Sunday. I ended up doing the drives of three single lady neighbors. One of them had a plow come on Sunday, but his GM 2500 HD diesel couldn't back up her driveway, so she called me for help. Went to her house thinking she needed me to dig out the plow with my loader, but the guy wanted a tow. My little BX had enough pull to get him moving and unstuck, but it was a case of rinse, repeat. After he got stuck for about the 6th time, we agreed I'd finish her drive with the loader. I think that was actually less wear and tare on my BX than pulling him out of the piles he was making.

I'm seriously thinking of selling my front plow and getting a three point blower for next year. I'm sure there's no chance of finding one locally now. Just too slow moving this much snow with a loader, and you still run out of room eventually. I really need the loader on in the winter anyway since i need to move firewood to the house now that we have a wood stove (loving that stove by the way - haven't seen the oil man since last summer )

Anyway, here's a few pic's after I cleared my drive. Pic's just don't relate the fully story though.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -blizzard-2013-007-jpg   -blizzard-2013-008-jpg   -blizzard-2013-003-jpg   -blizzard-2013-002-jpg  
    Chris

2 acres and a mule, er, Kubota BX25, and too many other toys,er, tools to list.

Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 8151617181920 LastLast