N.E. Blizzard of 2013

/ N.E. Blizzard of 2013
Teikas I'm surprised you went even the 20'. Homage goes to your ballast. A nice pair of 2 link ladder chains would improve your traction further.
They're calling for more snow Wed and then again Thur-Fri. For the life of me I do not know where I'm gonna put it. I was hoping this was the last snow of the season for that reason.

/ N.E. Blizzard of 2013 #23  
Teikas I'm surprised you went even the 20'. Homage goes to your ballast. A nice pair of 2 link ladder chains would improve your traction further.

I found that if I feathered the loader and started lifting it towards the end of the push it got me a little further. It left 6 inches or so of snow on the driveway so a quick second pass took care of that.

/ N.E. Blizzard of 2013 #24  
3 hours saddle time whoohoo! Insulated Walls coveralls and a helmet liner is my usual over just a vest and sweatshirt with the basics underneath. Honestly cant remember wearing much else but I added a hoodie today because of the wind. Along with my own 300 ft driveway I clean the snow for the town school so its mile down and back. And at 12 degrees with the wind gusting like it was today it does gets a tad cold on the old face when I'm headed down the big highway wide open throttle...9 mph ;)

/ N.E. Blizzard of 2013 #25  
The new MIE plow on my Mahindra 2516 is phenomenal! We got 28 inches of snow. There's no comparison between the bucket and a plow!

/ N.E. Blizzard of 2013 #26  
With 28" you can just angle it and push it with the plow?

/ N.E. Blizzard of 2013 #27  
Most of the time I push straight ahead, and when I used the angle it was to open up the road on either side of my driveway. It worked very well!

/ N.E. Blizzard of 2013 #28  
3 hours saddle time whoohoo! Insulated Walls coveralls and a helmet liner is my usual over just a vest and sweatshirt with the basics underneath. Honestly cant remember wearing much else but I added a hoodie today because of the wind. Along with my own 300 ft driveway I clean the snow for the town school so its mile down and back. And at 12 degrees with the wind gusting like it was today it does gets a tad cold on the old face when I'm headed down the big highway wide open throttle...9 mph ;)

I guess without a cab 9 mph probably feels a lot faster :D

Even with cabs my 4720 (16 mph) and my 5105M (21 mph) are a handful at those rocket speeds.

/ N.E. Blizzard of 2013 #29  
We got only 22 inches in this part of Maine..though there were many 3-4 foot drifts....thank god for a tractor with a cab...much more comfy in blizzard conditions than my old tractors were. Tractor feb 9 2013.jpg

/ N.E. Blizzard of 2013 #30  
We got close to 30" here. Finished cleaning up today :D

IMG_1250_zps61138e67.jpg

IMG_1248_zps992ff68b.jpg