Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
    Veteran Member
    Tractor
    KIOTI DK50 HST

Default Re: N.E. Blizzard of 2013

Quote Originally Posted by vtsnowedin View Post
    Big parking lots are a different beast and a pusher box on a large machine wins out there. Got to hand it to guys that can keep a big lot clear in a good storm with the stores open for business. Seems there is always a little car with a seasoned citizen driver right under the counter weight every time you go to back up.
    I hear you on the senior citizen, you can list a few of the younger senior idiots that we have around here also!! CJ
    Kioti DK50HST Cab
    401 FEL
    Saws, 338xp,346xp mod,372xp mod, 390xp, Stihl combi 130 trimmer.

Anyone looking in the "Perfection Mirror" as they are typing.
    Egon
    50 years behind the times
    Livin in a
    Worn out skin bag filled with rattlin bones

New England Yankee living in Central Maine
    Tractor
    NH TC30

12 in here in Central Maine- plowed it, took a while to get the drives and barn cleared. Time to go out and bring the wood in with the tractor and one more swipe or two for the 3 inches we got so the wheel barrow has a clear run to the manure pile. Got home late yesterday, so I'll do it now.
    2003 NH TC30, 5' International Agritech Bushog, Hiller/Bedder, + miscellaneous and sundry items of use.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Mahindra Max28XL HST

Quote Originally Posted by tcreeley
    12 in here in Central Maine- plowed it, took a while to get the drives and barn cleared. Time to go out and bring the wood in with the tractor and one more swipe or two for the 3 inches we got so the wheel barrow has a clear run to the manure pile. Got home late yesterday, so I'll do it now.
    Many of us got a record snowfall, like when we were kids...only more. Does that have any impact on your view of GWCC? IIRC, the "missing" snowstorms of the past were a main reason for your perspective.

While last year snow was MIA, this year we've had tons of fun sledding, fort-building, and playing king of the mountain. Well, I mean the kids have had the fun. I'm too old for that :-)
    http://www.ohr.edu/838
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9BfhxL_JTI
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8UEVoSJmfs

“If you continue in My word, then you are truly disciples of Mine;and you will know the truth, and the truth will make you free.” Ancient of Days

My soul finds rest in God alone; my salvation comes from him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37aM75LaEDk&list=PLGLwt3_lSbxxRtjMLHJDpqEK 9vcq9IfsJ

t

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    L3700SU

Quote Originally Posted by vtsnowedin View Post
    Big parking lots are a different beast and a pusher box on a large machine wins out there. Got to hand it to guys that can keep a big lot clear in a good storm with the stores open for business. Seems there is always a little car with a seasoned citizen driver right under the counter weight every time you go to back up.
    I do a parking lot with a Dunkin Donuts, two banks, and a fast food burger joint. It is open 22 hours a day, and a total PITA to plow. Where there are no granite curbs, the grass is mounded at a 30* angle along the asphalt. There is absolutely no where to put snow. We got a true 28" of base snow with 8-10' drifts. Trucks with plows were useless, a CUT would also be useless. My Cat was seriously undersized and I had to get two big Volvo loaders in to move the piles this past storm left behind.

Tractor
    Many over the years, + '05 JD-4410 TLB, but quite proud of my big green "Rolls": AKA: 2006 JD-3520 Cab, HST, Tunes & 2-way tiltmeter, Cobra communications and 6" (x2) rear wheel spacers for a lot less pucker-factor!!

Hey guys an gals: I skipped a few pages so not sure if anyone does this, but its worked well for my long farm lane for the past 40 years. Yes I have a heated cab so at my age now its great. On a heavy snow fall like the last few days, I keep the rear blade up for ballast on my UNchained R-4's and drop the bucket and boot 'er down the lane letting snow fly over and around the bucket. Just a couple trips down and back, then I lift the bucket and drop the rear blade, (on a good angle) and scoot down a few times to clear and tidy. That always works for me. Its those first couple of runs with the 6 foot bucket that opens the trail and loosens the snow,... then the rear blade does a fine job!!
    CHEERS !
    . . tug

Quote Originally Posted by Tomtint View Post
    I do a parking lot with a Dunkin Donuts, two banks, and a fast food burger joint. It is open 22 hours a day, and a total PITA to plow. Where there are no granite curbs, the grass is mounded at a 30* angle along the asphalt. There is absolutely no where to put snow. We got a true 28" of base snow with 8-10' drifts. Trucks with plows were useless, a CUT would also be useless. My Cat was seriously undersized and I had to get two big Volvo loaders in to move the piles this past storm left behind.
    Funny how they always seam to let out the parking lot design to some landscape architect that loves raised islands, serpentine drives and dead end sections. Just once I'd like to see one designed by the guy that has to plow it.

New England Yankee living in Central Maine
    Tractor
    NH TC30

In 2013 in central Maine we get less snow than we got in the early 1960's on the western edge of Massachusetts. It has been that way for a while. It has been a warm winter. We are using less wood. I've shoveled the path from the house to the driveway 4x this winter. My snowblower is still in the shed from last winter. Our 12" is down to 8-9 since it has been melting. Under the latest storm is bare ground for the most part. Folks to the south are getting storms- but it is a milder winter for us. I like that- with my arthritis, walking through snow is a literal pain!
    2003 NH TC30, 5' International Agritech Bushog, Hiller/Bedder, + miscellaneous and sundry items of use.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Mahindra Max28XL HST

Quote Originally Posted by tcreeley
    In 2013 in central Maine we get less snow than we got in the early 1960's on the western edge of Massachusetts. It has been that way for a while. It has been a warm winter. We are using less wood. I've shoveled the path from the house to the driveway 4x this winter. My snowblower is still in the shed from last winter. Our 12" is down to 8-9 since it has been melting. Under the latest storm is bare ground for the most part. Folks to the south are getting storms- but it is a milder winter for us. I like that- with my arthritis, walking through snow is a literal pain!
    Yes, less snow is good as we are older, agreed. Southern Maine, however, had a record snowfall. Previous Portland record was 27", according to news reports, and this storm dumped near 32". Southern Maine is still cleaning up the snow, and hauling it off. I bet their still at it tomorrow.
    http://www.ohr.edu/838
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9BfhxL_JTI
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8UEVoSJmfs

“If you continue in My word, then you are truly disciples of Mine;and you will know the truth, and the truth will make you free.” Ancient of Days

My soul finds rest in God alone; my salvation comes from him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37aM75LaEDk&list=PLGLwt3_lSbxxRtjMLHJDpqEK 9vcq9IfsJ

t

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    KIOTI DK50 HST

Another 8-15" tonight, welcome to the Michigan snow belt. Most people won't even hear about it. CJ
    Kioti DK50HST Cab
    401 FEL
    Saws, 338xp,346xp mod,372xp mod, 390xp, Stihl combi 130 trimmer.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast