Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 85
  1. #71
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    174
    Location
    Southern Vermont
    Tractor
    Kioti CK 30 gear

    Default Re: N.E. Blizzard of 2013

    CJONE,

    Did you say something about snow?

    Sorry, I couldn't resist.

  2. #72
    New Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    6
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Tractor
    Japan

    Default Re: N.E. Blizzard of 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by RFB View Post
    I asked this in another thread but saw no response. Have you guys with open station ever tried the heated (12v) snowmobile suits?
    try another thread though

  3. #73
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,017
    Location
    Northern Michigan
    Tractor
    KIOTI DK50 HST

    Default Re: N.E. Blizzard of 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by VTFireftr View Post
    CJONE,

    Did you say something about snow?

    Sorry, I couldn't resist.
    Another 10" or so last night but the 30-50MPH winds did not help. I had to actually plow to get out of my drive. First time sence last year. CJ
    Kioti DK50HST Cab
    401 FEL
    Saws, 338xp,346xp mod,372xp mod, 390xp, Stihl combi 130 trimmer.

  4. #74
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    100
    Location
    Western NY
    Tractor
    Mahindra 4035

    Default Re: N.E. Blizzard of 2013

    I had a foot to plow this morning, and I was not happy. Winds were gusting to 40mph, and snow was coming down fast (and still is). Plowing into the wind, I could not see and my face froze. It was 15* but I was glad it was not colder. Definitely going to have a cab next year!

  5. #75
    Veteran Member vtsnowedin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,799

    Default Re: N.E. Blizzard of 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by RockyNY View Post
    Definitely going to have a cab next year!
    You won't be sorry. $1300 seemed like a lot for some naugahide and zippers last summer but every windy day out working the tractor this winter proves how good an idea it was. Whatever brand or level of construction you choose will be a huge improvement over facing that wind with a face mask.

  6. #76
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    100
    Location
    Western NY
    Tractor
    Mahindra 4035

    Default Re: N.E. Blizzard of 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by vtsnowedin View Post
    You won't be sorry. $1300 seemed like a lot for some naugahide and zippers last summer but every windy day out working the tractor this winter proves how good an idea it was. Whatever brand or level of construction you choose will be a huge improvement over facing that wind with a face mask.
    I was planning to build my own, but I think I'll buy Surplus Center's $599 Curtis cab and modify it to fit my tractor. It's a soft side cab, but has a glass windshield and rigid frame doors.

    On a side note, our snowfall total this winter so far is around 90". Much better than last year's measly 60".

  7. #77
    Veteran Member vtsnowedin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,799

    Default Re: N.E. Blizzard of 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by RockyNY View Post
    I was planning to build my own, but I think I'll buy Surplus Center's $599 Curtis cab and modify it to fit my tractor. It's a soft side cab, but has a glass windshield and rigid frame doors.

    On a side note, our snowfall total this winter so far is around 90". Much better than last year's measly 60".
    That should work. Nothing wrong with build or custom fit your own. I was working full time last summer so had some cash flow so let my computer do all the work. It took less then an hour after UPS dropped it off to have it all on including the canopy which I didn't have with the original tractor.
    I haven't checked the official snow fall tally but I expect I'm behind normal as two big storm events came as all rain. But to me that isn't plowing snow for income anything over a foot on the ground is plenty.

  8. #78
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,017
    Location
    Northern Michigan
    Tractor
    KIOTI DK50 HST

    Default Re: N.E. Blizzard of 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by vtsnowedin View Post
    You won't be sorry. $1300 seemed like a lot for some naugahide and zippers last summer but every windy day out working the tractor this winter proves how good an idea it was. Whatever brand or level of construction you choose will be a huge improvement over facing that wind with a face mask.
    I can't say enough good about the cab, anybody [well most] that knocks them does not have one. The benifits far far out weigh the couple of negatives? maybe one that I can think of. The coldest I have operated my tractor this year was -10f and the heater kept up on the lowest fan setting! CJ
    Kioti DK50HST Cab
    401 FEL
    Saws, 338xp,346xp mod,372xp mod, 390xp, Stihl combi 130 trimmer.

  9. #79
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,264
    Location
    Northern Ontario, Canada
    Tractor
    2012 Kioti CK27HST

    Default Re: N.E. Blizzard of 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by CJONE View Post
    I can't say enough good about the cab, anybody [well most] that knocks them does not have one. The benifits far far out weigh the couple of negatives? maybe one that I can think of. The coldest I have operated my tractor this year was -10f and the heater kept up on the lowest fan setting! CJ
    AND could work in a 'T-shirt'. I love my cab. Glad I paid the extra 6G's for it.
    Way back in the day 15 years ago I had an open station 1950 Farmall 'C' with a blade mounted in place of the bucket on the loader. I skirted the sides all the way back to fenders to give me a little bit of heat and when the snow piles got big enough I pushed the snow up and over the top much the same way you would do it with a wheel loader. Dangerous? YES! But you do what you gotta do to get the job done and have a place to put the next snowfall.
    My little CK27 works good for snow with the front mount blower. I probably could have shelled out for the DK series, but it was a matter of the size of the property I would be working on and I figured the bigger tractor would be too big. My nieghbour has a small property with lots of tight spaces and she's got lots of work for me. She is also a good cook.

  10. #80
    Veteran Member vtsnowedin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,799

    Default Re: N.E. Blizzard of 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Looking4new View Post
    I figured the bigger tractor would be too big. My nieghbour has a small property with lots of tight spaces and she's got lots of work for me. She is also a good cook.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. 2013 X738
    By jbgood in forum John Deere Lawn & Garden
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-07-2013, 09:26 PM
  2. 2013 LS TRACTORS
    By Guesseral in forum LS Tractors
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-09-2013, 07:46 PM
  3. 2013...Do or die for these four ???
    By DFB in forum Related Topics
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 01-01-2013, 09:50 PM
  4. 2013 Tier IV
    By Labrat in forum Buying/Pricing/Comparisons
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 11-27-2012, 01:19 PM
  5. Changes in MF 2013 line
    By Mike476 in forum Massey Ferguson Owning/Operating
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-07-2012, 03:15 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
© 2013 TractorByNet.com. TractorByNet is a registered trademark of IMC Digital Universe, Inc. Other trademarks on this page are the property of their respective owners.