What size FEL plow - Kubota MX5100?

/ What size FEL plow - Kubota MX5100? #1  

FatTire

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota L5740, Unimog 404 w/ snowblower, Deere 620i UTV, MX5100 (sold)
Does 8 foot plow sound about right for a Kubota MX5100, mounted on FEL? I have a 7ft rear blade, and the machine does fine with that if chained up.

/ What size FEL plow - Kubota MX5100? #2  
I have a eight Ft.Curtis on a L4240 HSTC,wouldn't want any bigger.I also have a seven ft. rear blade.Very good combo for snow removal.

/ What size FEL plow - Kubota MX5100? #3  
Sounds about right to me, but the type of plowing you do may be different than in my part of the country.

If you are plowing a pretty hilly drive, and get 12+ inches of snow at a time, an 8' blade may be a tad much.

But if a flatter terrain, and only 4-6" of snow at a time being the norm, 8' is a good fit.

/ What size FEL plow - Kubota MX5100?
Normally if we get more than about 5 or 6 inches of snow, or drifts of 10 inches or more, I'll use the blower to take it down to within an inch or two of the surface, and then plow to scrape the surface clean. I also plow a couple of parking areas where its too tight for the blower. I've been using a 6 foot UTV plow for light snow, and the rear blade when I really want to scrape down. But, the UTV is getting beat up from plowing, and I don't like managing the side berms when using the rear blade, so thinking about an FEL plow.

/ What size FEL plow - Kubota MX5100? #5  
Does 8 foot plow sound about right for a Kubota MX5100, mounted on FEL? I have a 7ft rear blade, and the machine does fine with that if chained up.

I run a 9' angle blade or a 8' snow pusher on my L5740. No chains, rear tires ballast with Rimguard and all 4 tires grooved. Your MX5100 should handle 8' with no problem. Traction is your key. You have plenty of ponies under the hood.
Hope that helps.

yeah, thanks. I have chains for all four, with Rimguard, and would always have some weight on the back too.

I run a 9' angle blade or a 8' snow pusher on my L5740. No chains, rear tires ballast with Rimguard and all 4 tires grooved. Your MX5100 should handle 8' with no problem. Traction is your key. You have plenty of ponies under the hood.
Hope that helps.

BTW, what brand of blade is that you've got on your 5740?

/ What size FEL plow - Kubota MX5100? #8  
WR Long makes some nice hydraulic snow blades for tractors up to 90hp. They also offer a snow blade for small and large compact tractors up to around 50hp. Each series is available with manual or hydraulic angle. All of our snow removal attachments ship free to a business or supporting freight terminal within 1,000 miles of Newton, NC.

WR Long makes some nice hydraulic snow blades for tractors up to 90hp. They also offer a snow blade for small and large compact tractors up to around 50hp. Each series is available with manual or hydraulic angle. All of our snow removal attachments ship free to a business or supporting freight terminal within 1,000 miles of Newton, NC.

I've looked at the WR Long. WHen I get closer, I may email you to find out about freight cost to a freight terminal in Colorado.

/ What size FEL plow - Kubota MX5100? #10  
I would go with a 7' blade on a MX5100.