Non-stick paint

/ Non-stick paint #1  

crazyal

Tractor
Kubota, Case, Deere
In the colder weather of mid winter the sand likes to freeze tot he inside of my sander. Right now the inside has nothing more than primer on it. Has anyone used non stick industrial coatings? I took a quick look on the internet but couldn't find any place where I could buy a gallon.

/ Non-stick paint #3  
I believe Tractor Supply Company TSC sells a graphite paint in spary, quart and gallon sizes.

/ Non-stick paint #4  
I believe Tractor Supply Company TSC sells a graphite paint in spary, quart and gallon sizes.

have a quart of that paint here, painted the snow plow with it and it sucked did not work at all don't buy it

jeff

/ Non-stick paint #5  
Slip Plate (in my post above) is a graphite paint type product. It seemed to have zero advantage for snow, and I will not use it again.

/ Non-stick paint #7  
Once you get the sander cleaned out, how about a coat of glossy emamel followed by a good coat of paste wax?

/ Non-stick paint #8  
Other than plastic facing I don't believe any sprayed on product can do the job.
Well perhaps 3 part epoxies over a sand blasted surface might last but that will prove pricy.
Perhaps 1/4" HDPE attached with stainless flat headed bolts would do the trick. Again quite pricy.

Most economical is to simply keep a good coat of high gloss metal paint such as Tremclad and touch up from time to time.

/ Non-stick paint
Inside the spreader is a agitator that's got one universal in it. As the sander empties out the agitator hits the side of the sander. I had assumed that the banging would be more than enough to knock the sand loose. The problem is that the times when I need the sander are when we had some warm weather that melts the snow followed by a cold snap that turns it into ice. Usually those cold snaps are single digits or even below zero. Anything plastic would get cut apart by the agitator so they are out. I think that gloss paint and lots of wax may be the best option. Sadly it'll have to wait until summer.

/ Non-stick paint #10  
How about using some spray PAM in the bucket before you use it.. My eggs don't stick using it.. :laughing: