Snow blower width

/ Snow blower width #2  
I go by the rule that the blower should just clear the rear wheel width. A 6-1/2 foot would be the perfect size.

/ Snow blower width #4  
I would say atleast the width of your rear wheels at the narrowest setting your comfortable with. If the tires are non adjustable you pretty much have your width. If the blower is to narrow, you pack down the snow before you ever get to blow it. i think there is a wide range of horsepower requirements based on whether the blower is a single or dual stage as well. You can always drive slower if the blower is just a bit to big though.

/ Snow blower width #6  
I don't know about HP, but my 47" blower is just a hair narrower than my JD 2520, and it bugs me.

Wish I had a 54"er.

/ Snow blower width #8  
Ideal is 6" wider than tires! and minimum no less than 3"
Believe the recommendation is 5 hp per foot but this is less critical with hydrostatic as you have control as to how big a bite you take.

/ Snow blower width #9  
Ideal is 6" wider than tires! and minimum no less than 3"
Believe the recommendation is 5 hp per foot but this is less critical with hydrostatic as you have control as to how big a bite you take.

The hst part is a myth, have just as much control with a gear trans, especially a powershuttle.

/ Snow blower width #10  
The hst part is a myth, have just as much control with a gear trans, especially a powershuttle.
that may be a 'qualified' myth, Will... years ago I had a Bolens 1050 with a 36" single stage blower on the front. Even in 1st gear low range, I was riding the clutch a lot in heavy snow... HST would have been nice.
You could argue a Bolens 1050 is not a real tractor, I suppose... but it did a lot of work for me the 28 years I had it.

Pete