Snow Equipment Owning/Operating Snow blower harness bolts loose

/ Snow blower harness bolts loose #1  

Looking4new

Tractor
2012 Kioti CK27HST w/cab
I was looking around my meteor snow blower the other day and found all 4 bolts that hold the harness onto the front frame of the tractor were loose, real loose. I re-tightened them to 150f/lbs. has anybody else had this problem? What was your solution?

/ Snow blower harness bolts loose #2  
Never had this problem. I would put some thread locker on it to prevent them from coming loose again.

/ Snow blower harness bolts loose
I torqued them to 150lbs/ft. Sometime in the summer, I will make up spacer blocks to take up the difference between the frame and the harness and also threaded blocks for the back side in place of the existing nuts. I am also looking for 16mm bolts in Grade 12. Those I can torque to 265 lbs/ft.

/ Snow blower harness bolts loose #4  
Same here...

gr1p.gifThey do need to be check. I usually put then back with blue Loktite. There are a lot of vibrations... Even the plunger that holds the bearing in place will come loose (first stage)... They are real nice at first, but they do need our attention... Ah! I wish I had one of those commercial one's sometime... http://www.pronovost.qc.ca/pdf/Pronovost - Snowblowers.pdf

Phil