Snow blower throws to far.

/ Snow blower throws to far. #1  

Hooked_on_HP

Veteran Member
Tractor
Ford 1900 FWD Kubota F2100E
I have a Kubota F2100 with a 52" blower. I just got the blower in the fall. My first blower. I wanted to make sure this blower did a good job.I had read all the posts about the clearance between the impeller and the drum. I made sure the chute was smooth and painted. I had what many on the forum would consider excessive clearance. I had about 1/4" so I installed the kit from Clarence's small engines. I have used the blower twice. The first snow was 3" of powder and the blower would throw it 50' to 60'. This was easy to blow. The second snow was 4" of very wet snow. It will throw the wet snow 40' to 50' but is working the engine hard and had to go slower. I don't need to throw the snow this far. I was hoping for 20' to 30' when I got it. I seems like a waste of power to have the chute deflector set so it only throws 20'. I am thinking of taking the kit off the impeller so it won't throw as far. I am wondering if this would take less power since I wont be throwing the snow as far.
Bill

/ Snow blower throws to far. #2  
That's a good problem to have...
I would think removing the impeller kit won't change the distance but may increase the friction from the snow/ice build up around the impeller. What about decreasing your rpm when blowing?

/ Snow blower throws to far. #3  
FWIW, i've never used an impeller kit. Or repainted the chute. I would take off the kit and see what happens. Had a few different blowers, hooked them up and went to work. If i got build up it was gone later. Or once in a great while i would need to clean it, but very seldom.

/ Snow blower throws to far. #5  
if your shute has an adjustable tip ,lower or reduce the angle.

/ Snow blower throws to far. #6  
By looking at your avatar , pulling back on throttle is not an option or a cure .If you have HST tranny you want WOT anyway . You have to remember that wet heavy snow is tough blowing . Use your deflector and find the sweet spot . The deflector is not a power problem , it is the wet snow .

/ Snow blower throws to far.
My though was that if I decreased the distance it was throwing I could possibly increase my travel speed. Backing off the throttle would defeat the purpose.The other issue is how far it shoots projectiles. It will throw rocks a lot further than snow.
Bill

/ Snow blower throws to far. #9  
Well, you could increase your forward speed till the thrown snow did not go so far!:D

/ Snow blower throws to far. #10  
My though was that if I decreased the distance it was throwing I could possibly increase my travel speed. Backing off the throttle would defeat the purpose.The other issue is how far it shoots projectiles. It will throw rocks a lot further than snow.
Bill

I know what you are thinking, the problem being is the blower has to turn fast enough to clear the snow you are pushing into it. I have always increased the blower speed so I could move faster but that was if I had enough HP to do it. If you slow it down and you start pushing snow you will be in the same situation that you have except it won't be throwing it as far.Maybe worth a try if you can do it simply. Reducing your throttle usually takes you out of the max HP range so that would be counter productive I would think. CJ