Snow Attachments rear end movng sideways

/ rear end movng sideways #1  

tornadowatchranch

Silver Member
Tractor
Bobcat 335 for the fun stuff JD gt235 for the lawn
Hi Guys

I am pretty sure I know what you will tell me but here we go. I move snow with a 6 foot rear blade behind my Bobcat CT335 (HP38 for size comparison). While moving forward with the rear blade angled aggressively it moves the rear end of my tractor sideway preventing me from getting the snow off the drive. Gravel drive 1/4 mile long. I have added a pipe over the bottom of the blade to keep the gravel on the drive. I am thinking rear chains on my R4s (actually just missed some dual link off craigslist for $80) will help keep me straight.

My blade lives outside and is likely older than I am so has some surface rust. Next summer project is to sand and repaint so it will not collect snow. That cannot me helping me. I am even thinking of a coat of auto wax for the surface of the blade. Anyone ever done this?

Thanks in advance. More snow monday but this should be minimal compared to the 12" that was pushing me sideways. We do not get enough to justify a blower.

Thanks in advance

Tornado

/ rear end movng sideways #2  
As you probably know, the sideways pressure from the attack angle against the snow, needs to.be overcome with steering and traction on both front and rears. I don't know if its 4wd or not. But you obviosly are not getting enough traction on the rear.

You need weight and chains. Painting the blade will help too but weight and bite of chains is the real answer.

/ rear end movng sideways #3  
Yep, chains. R4's without chains on a slippery surface with any bit of slope will allow the backend of the tractor to "walk" sideways even when pushing with the FEL bucket if there is much resistance.

/ rear end movng sideways #4  
There is no perfect answer here. Just a bunch of tweaking needs to be done. You need more rear weight, chains can help from sliding too much, engaging the diff lock can help a little, perhaps you need to swing the blade more off to the side one one rear tire is always on the cleared side, and the other in snow.

/ rear end movng sideways #5  
This is a case where loading the tires would really pay a dividend, since you can't add weight to the 3pt without degrading the desireable "float" behavior of the rear blade over the gravel.

/ rear end movng sideways #6  
This is a case where loading the tires would really pay a dividend, since you can't add weight to the 3pt without degrading the desireable "float" behavior of the rear blade over the gravel.

Agreed, when I said add weight, I should have been more specific, either wheel weights or loaded tires. I have my industrial tires loaded with RimGuard.

/ rear end movng sideways #7  
Even with chains you will still have this problem. I rarely angle mine past 15* when I am plowing.

/ rear end movng sideways #8  
I was just in the office at work yesterday and was thinking that rear ends swinging from side to side looked pretty good.................

/ rear end movng sideways #9  
I was just in the office at work yesterday and was thinking that rear ends swinging from side to side looked pretty good.................
40 hours mandatory re-education boot camp for you.

/ rear end movng sideways #10  
I have R-4's on my Kioti and they have tubes and rim-guard (Beet juice) they work good and no sliding. I only have about 15lbs/sq inch air in the rears.