I was wondering if anybody put on a blade and chains on a zero turn

/ I was wondering if anybody put on a blade and chains on a zero turn #1  

etap

Tractor
iz4818 zero turn husqvarn & 1864 cub cadet
Wouldn't it clean snow from 6" or less, without any problems.THX

/ I was wondering if anybody put on a blade and chains on a zero turn
I was also wondering,should you take off mower too,are that wouldn't hurt anything to leave it on.THX

/ I was wondering if anybody put on a blade and chains on a zero turn #4  
Wouldn't it clean snow from 6" or less, without any problems.THX
I put some bar lug tires on mine and it pulls very well now, but with the turf tires, I doubt it would get out of the garage in a light snow. I found them on Buggiesunlimited.com for wife's golf cart and bought 4 after we got a light snow and it wouldn't back out of the garage into 4" of snow and wife got stuck in the mud a few times prior to me putting in a gravel path.
Then when I kept getting stuck while mowing close to my pond with my ZTR mower , I searched for and found some bar lugs for the mower but couldn't find anyone who could mount them, so I took them back. Later I just noticed the sizes on the golf cart and looked at the lawnmower and they were the same size and same 4 bolt lug pattern. The lawnmower tires looked much bigger but were exact same. Stole the two front tires off the golf cart and put on the lawnmower, man will it power thru mud now but it does dig a hole quickly if I try to turn sharply with it. I think it would be great for a snow plow now though if I were to need one that is. I was having problem with it mowing on a slight slope and would have one lever full back and other side full forward and it would still take off down the hill. The bar lug tires fixed that problem and mowing up a 30 degree slope on wet grass isn't a problem now either. I can climb slowly or fast up this steep hill with the ZTR that my JD 332 wont climb unless I mow up till stalling, back down, make another run at it and then finally if I hit it wide open, it will claw its way to the top of the 25 foot or so run.

/ I was wondering if anybody put on a blade and chains on a zero turn #5  
sounds like a blast plowing with a zero turn. Gary Fowler has some good info. look around for a set of rims and aggressive tires. Add chains and you ought do to a good job. Straight pipes off the exhaust, strobe lights, and you'd be stylin'. Seriously, i would think you'd make a quick job plowing with it.

/ I was wondering if anybody put on a blade and chains on a zero turn #6  
You would have to check to see if there is clearance for chains on a ZTR. Most of them have the drive wheels tucked in pretty close to the frame.

Would also have to have either hydraulic lift or some form of mechanical lift for the blade.

Like Radionman posted Grass hopper has them and a good friend of mine has one with the snow blower.

/ I was wondering if anybody put on a blade and chains on a zero turn #7  
I would be concerned about damaging the transmissions on it plowing. I have seen some with plows and blowers on them but I am not sure how well it will hold up with a blade. It is not a tractor. If you don't run chains that will allow for slippage and that may keep from tearing up some stuff.

/ I was wondering if anybody put on a blade and chains on a zero turn #8  
They make blades and blowers for many ZTR machines . Being as they are hydrostatic , that might be the limiting factor as to how much you can push . Depending on the terrain would decide whether the mower should come off , weight and traction go hand in hand..I have seen them with blades used for mall sidewalks , they also use brooms in same mall..Not sure they would work in deep snow , depends on the operator and how snow has to be moved

/ I was wondering if anybody put on a blade and chains on a zero turn #9  
I added an old blade from a craftsman mower I had to my simplicity ztr, with a little "creative engineering " , it fits great. Today we had about 4'ish inches on snow, perfect for a test run. Even with just the turf tires it plowed through the snow like a monster. I have chains to put on, once I do, it will probably do even better.

/ I was wondering if anybody put on a blade and chains on a zero turn #10  
Here's what it looks like