Tractor
    iz4818 zero turn husqvarn & 1864 cub cadet

Default I was wondering if anybody put on a blade and chains on a zero turn

Wouldn't it clean snow from 6" or less, without any problems.THX

Tractor
    Kubota BX24

Default Re: I was wondering if anybody put on a blade and chains on a zero turn

They have them grasshopper mowers . Zero-Turn Implements | Leaf, Debris, Snow Removal | Grasshopper Mowers They have v plows ,etc.

Tractor
    iz4818 zero turn husqvarn & 1864 cub cadet

I was also wondering,should you take off mower too,are that wouldn't hurt anything to leave it on.THX

Tractor
    2009 Kubota RTV 900, 2009 Kubota B26 TLB & 2010 model LS P7010

Quote Originally Posted by etap View Post
    Wouldn't it clean snow from 6" or less, without any problems.THX
    I put some bar lug tires on mine and it pulls very well now, but with the turf tires, I doubt it would get out of the garage in a light snow. I found them on Buggiesunlimited.com for wife's golf cart and bought 4 after we got a light snow and it wouldn't back out of the garage into 4" of snow and wife got stuck in the mud a few times prior to me putting in a gravel path.
    Then when I kept getting stuck while mowing close to my pond with my ZTR mower , I searched for and found some bar lugs for the mower but couldn't find anyone who could mount them, so I took them back. Later I just noticed the sizes on the golf cart and looked at the lawnmower and they were the same size and same 4 bolt lug pattern. The lawnmower tires looked much bigger but were exact same. Stole the two front tires off the golf cart and put on the lawnmower, man will it power thru mud now but it does dig a hole quickly if I try to turn sharply with it. I think it would be great for a snow plow now though if I were to need one that is. I was having problem with it mowing on a slight slope and would have one lever full back and other side full forward and it would still take off down the hill. The bar lug tires fixed that problem and mowing up a 30 degree slope on wet grass isn't a problem now either. I can climb slowly or fast up this steep hill with the ZTR that my JD 332 wont climb unless I mow up till stalling, back down, make another run at it and then finally if I hit it wide open, it will claw its way to the top of the 25 foot or so run.
    2010 LS P-7010C 20F/20R gear tractor & FEL, 2009 Kubota B 26 TLB, RTV 900 Kubota,17 foot Lund boat with 70HP motor, 2012-20 ft 12k GVW trailer, 2011- 52" Craftsman ZTR mower, 2013 Ferris Zero Turn, 3 weed whackers, pressure washer, leaf blowers, 7 foot bush hog, 8 foot landscape rake , 8 foot 3 PH disc, 2 row cultivator, 350 amp Miller AC/DC welding machine and all the tools needed to keep them all repaired and running.

sounds like a blast plowing with a zero turn. Gary Fowler has some good info. look around for a set of rims and aggressive tires. Add chains and you ought do to a good job. Straight pipes off the exhaust, strobe lights, and you'd be stylin'. Seriously, i would think you'd make a quick job plowing with it.
    TN75D, w/cab, FEL, BH
    7 1/2 ft Lucknow Blower

Elite Member
    Tractor
    Branson 2400H

You would have to check to see if there is clearance for chains on a ZTR. Most of them have the drive wheels tucked in pretty close to the frame.

Would also have to have either hydraulic lift or some form of mechanical lift for the blade.

Like Radionman posted Grass hopper has them and a good friend of mine has one with the snow blower.
    Artificial Intelligence will never overcome natural stupidity.

Branson 2400H MMM & FEL

JD 112

BX1850 gone but not forgotten

Tractor
    Kubota BX2360 & L4240 HSTC

I would be concerned about damaging the transmissions on it plowing. I have seen some with plows and blowers on them but I am not sure how well it will hold up with a blade. It is not a tractor. If you don't run chains that will allow for slippage and that may keep from tearing up some stuff.

Tractor
    mf 85 allis chalmers 207

They make blades and blowers for many ZTR machines . Being as they are hydrostatic , that might be the limiting factor as to how much you can push . Depending on the terrain would decide whether the mower should come off , weight and traction go hand in hand..I have seen them with blades used for mall sidewalks , they also use brooms in same mall..Not sure they would work in deep snow , depends on the operator and how snow has to be moved

Tractor
    1946 farmall H, Simplicity Ztr

I added an old blade from a craftsman mower I had to my simplicity ztr, with a little "creative engineering " , it fits great. Today we had about 4'ish inches on snow, perfect for a test run. Even with just the turf tires it plowed through the snow like a monster. I have chains to put on, once I do, it will probably do even better.

Tractor
    1946 farmall H, Simplicity Ztr

Here's what it looks like