12 to 18 in of snow with GC2400

/ 12 to 18 in of snow with GC2400 #1  

Ed of all trades

Elite Member
Tractor
John Deere X310, JD LA 145
I looked out this morning and knew I better get going. We have 12 to 18 in on the ground and still expecting 5 to 9 today. proud of the little tractor, but proved that I need chains and ballast. Took 10 min. to get back up the hill after I plowed down. Anyone else having problems with all this wet snow. hard to plow but it is pretty.

/ 12 to 18 in of snow with GC2400 #2  
Only got around 9" heart attack snow here and yes it is miserable stuff to plow, blow, or shovel. Was 30 - 31 degrees so the bottom inch or two is slush which really helps with plowing and traction.

Spent around 2 hrs doing my drive and neighbors drive last night and then cleaned up the drifts this morning.

/ 12 to 18 in of snow with GC2400 #3  
Chain do make BIG different when plowing wet snow on grade..gotta leave way out also not over plow into tight area.

/ 12 to 18 in of snow with GC2400
The thing that surprised me was it took 10 min. to get back up the hill where I had already plowed. Had to hold the blade up some so less would come over the top, but it was just too slick. Yep chains.

12 to 18 in early this morning, National Weather Service now saying 11 to 17 total daytime. That is a lot of snow added to the 18in we have in places now.:eek: This is Va not the great white north.

We ended up with less snow in the evening than we had yesterday morning.

/ 12 to 18 in of snow with GC2400 #7  
12 to 18 in early this morning, National Weather Service now saying 11 to 17 total daytime. That is a lot of snow added to the 18in we have in places now.:eek: This is Va not the great white north.

Virginia! Holy smokes, we haven't gotten 18 inches since I came to Toronto (AKA Great White North) 30 years ago!

What is happenig to you people down there, and why has there benn no emergecy call for 'botas from the GWN to come and save you?

😜

/ 12 to 18 in of snow with GC2400 #8  
Best of luck to you all in VA, from the sunny north. Not a flake out of that storm,

/ 12 to 18 in of snow with GC2400 #9  
If the BX was my primary snow mover I would have chains for it. It does good now but I came close to getting stuck a couple of times.

/ 12 to 18 in of snow with GC2400 #10  
check thats because no one wants a "bota" to save them.:laughing:. They want the black/yellow bumble bees to come to the rescue.:punch: