Snow Attachments 3pt snowblower gearbox rebuild

/ 3pt snowblower gearbox rebuild #1  

ibarn

Tractor
BobCat CT230 & AC WD
I Have a 6' Hanson Equipment 3pt snowblower model#101878 that the gearbox for the auger that needs to be rebuilt.
Both sets of upper bearings on the worm gear shaft are gone. It needs bearing, races and retaining rings.
I can not find any info or specs online for Hanson Equipment.
Gearbox has #371R430 stamped on the top, that is the only marking on the gearbox.

Any idea where I can get a parts list and manual for this.

/ 3pt snowblower gearbox rebuild #2  
If you take it apart, the bearings will be Timken or SKF or some other standard brand and there will be a number on them which specifies size etc. - any bearing house or auto parts place will have a cross-reference list. Same goes for the seals. Snap rings will be standard for the shaft diameter, thickness & style to match existing groove. Prices will be much lower than thru a Hanson Equip dealer (assuming there still is such a thing) There have been upwards of 80 tractor-mounted snow blower brands which have come and gone over the years but they pretty much all use standard industrial jobber gearboxes, bearings & seals, sprockets, roller chain, etc. Good luck & have fun - you'll have it good as new in no time. Dick B

/ 3pt snowblower gearbox rebuild
Took it apart yesterday and I was able to source new bearings, races and seals from the local auto parts store.
One of the retainer rings for the race on the PTO side was worn away. The groove in the housing is also worn.
I am going to have to try and get that groove re-cut so that it will hold a retainer ring again.

Also I not sure if there is supposed to be a retainer ring/clip on the shaft to hold the bearing on. If so it it missing and that groove is worn down.

Any suggestions on who I could have recut the retainer ring grooves? I am going the check with the local implement dealer this week.

/ 3pt snowblower gearbox rebuild #4  
If you posted a couple pictures there might be more suggestions. The auto parts store may know of a local machine shop where you could take the parts - maybe turn a new snap ring groove and make a spacer collar to restore the fit? The exact approach would depend on how it all fits together. There are a lot of clever machinists out there if you ask around.