BX2750D Snowblower Clog

/ BX2750D Snowblower Clog #1  

philm427

Tractor
Kubota BX1850
Well, we had about 14-16 inches of snow here in CT this past Friday. That was followed by moderating temperatures, which started to impact the weight of the snow. The result was that the chute on my snowblower kept clogging up, which was a pita.

After numerous uncloggings and just as many applications of silicone spray inside the chute, I finally finished the driveway.

My question is, what are you all using out there to prevent clogs in the chute? Silicone spray works for a while, but needs to be reapplied. Any suggestions with proven results?

/ BX2750D Snowblower Clog #2  
In my experience, the question is "At what point can you not effectively blow snow?". When snow changes, and especially when it gets slushy, it will clog. There is a point that you can't blow it, and that isn't the fault of the machine.
We got 20" from the same storm- I could blow it on Wednesday morning, while still falling, but by late that afternoon, the snow had changed, and I couldn't blow it without clogs. I also keep my chute and intake lubricated, but that wasn't the issue. The snow was compacting and forming hard snow bricks in the chute. It wasn't sticking.

/ BX2750D Snowblower Clog #3  
I agree. The snow in the morning was much lighter. That was some heavy snow if you waited until last night! I'm not sure if any lubricant would help.

I find that my snowblower clogs less and less as my experience level increases. Before last winter I saved up $ and bought the snowblower which assured that the state of CT would get no snow. The one time I used it I clogged the chute many times, broke shear pins, etc.. The first time this winter I only clogged it a few times. Now I'm getting better. I seem to be learning tricks to starting, stopping, lifting and lowering that make it work better.

/ BX2750D Snowblower Clog #4  
I have found that sometimes when the snow is real wet and colder temperatures are following it is better to wait and let the snow set and dry out / freeze up before trying to use a snowblower. My blowers handle ice snow better than slush.

/ BX2750D Snowblower Clog #5  
I find keeping the RPMs up near the high end of the range helps considerably. I watch my neighbor basically idle his tractor while trying to blow wet snow and it,s very painful. I can actually see the snow pulse as it,s barely coming out of the shoot. I,ve tried to get him to turn it up, but he thinks it works better that way. OK, LOL

/ BX2750D Snowblower Clog #6  
Well, we had about 14-16 inches of snow here in CT this past Friday. That was followed by moderating temperatures, which started to impact the weight of the snow. The result was that the chute on my snowblower kept clogging up, which was a pita.

After numerous uncloggings and just as many applications of silicone spray inside the chute, I finally finished the driveway.

My question is, what are you all using out there to prevent clogs in the chute? Silicone spray works for a while, but needs to be reapplied. Any suggestions with proven results?

Adding two items will help you tremendously, first use Fluid Film spray rather than silicone spray; it works wonders. Second, Install one of Clarences Impeller Kits and you will have no more plugging problems.

At clarences home page he has links to many many happy customers that have purchased the impeller kits.

As far as the RAD Snow blowers of which I own a 42 inch Deere Branded unit.

They Hoover because the open cross auger does not have any tooth notches cut into the heavy snow.

The paddles and snow is simply kicked out rather than conveyed to the impeller but they still work.

My other complaint about them is the impeller is not centered and makes the 2 stage unit unbalanced when going over ground or the driveway. .

There is no reason they can not center them!!!

Last edited:
   / BX2750D Snowblower Clog #7  
Snowblower should always be used with RPM's high as possible, then adjust ground speed for your best blowing performance