Most of us have put away The Snow Gear for another year. :thumbsup:

Some fellows are just getting geared up to clear their road!:D

5909368999_d61e5e2556.jpgRim Rock area.jpg

/ Going To The Sun Road #2  

View attachment 313174View attachment 313175

AH yes,
Glacier National Park, first developed and operated by the Great Northern Railroad as a tourist destination on its route to Seattle, via Stevens Pass in the State of Washington then sold to the National Park service.

I would love to see what Cairngorn Mountain road looks like in Scotland and how much snow they have in Hokkaido, Japan.

/ Going To The Sun Road #3  
That road is "hairy" to drive when it's dry and warm. I did it in mid June. Little nervous to say the least. Bunch of Dahl sheep came down, crossed in front of me, then continued down the mountain. Very cool to see.

/ Going To The Sun Road #4  

heck .... you get almost that much dumped on the north shore ... it's even worse on "the Rock" :laughing:

/ Going To The Sun Road #5  
We drove up that road on July 27, 1990. Beautiful scenery in some places, however, as we gained in altitude, the fog got so thick we couldn't see anything; scared my wife and she didn't enjoy that. And we saw no wildlife at all that day.

/ Going To The Sun Road #6  

Good ornin Egon,
Its not so much the snow that would bother me, as what would happens if you drive off the road ! ;):)

/ Going To The Sun Road
Morning Scott. On the trickier parts they may use surveyors before starting the clearing.

Bird; my first trip over the pass was in the early 50's. it was gravel and not near as wide as it is now. On clear days the views are nice. :thumbsup:

/ Going To The Sun Road #8  
Tried the road twice in the fall in the 90s... But waited too long in both cases. No snow anywhere else in the area, but a foot or two on the park in Oct. Some day we'll return.

/ Going To The Sun Road #9  
Ican remember one lane paths like that around Ruidoso NM. My grandpa worked for the State Hwy Dept .Those blind curves and dropoffs with no guardrail were common . Tha view was great .

/ Going To The Sun Road #10  
Ican remember one lane paths like that around Ruidoso NM. My grandpa worked for the State Hwy Dept .Those blind curves and dropoffs with no guardrail were common . Tha view was great .

On those blind curves.....to make sure you have not driven over the edge.....just stop the car and put your foot down every once in a while. Peace of mind. ;)