Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Silver Member
    Tractor
    Kubota B7610HSD

Jim,

I have the HJ2 model. It is 60" and weighs 340lbs. I love it. I had the pressure relief valve bumped up just a bit on my tractor. I needed the bump to pick up my snowmobiles. I could lift them with the curl, but not lift them up.
    The 4in1 gets a lot of use from me. I originally got it to help spread loam and grade my front yard. I use it a lot for spreading bark mulch or picking up debris, although that takes some practice.
    I also use it a lot for grabbing brush and logs, and picking up good size rocks. When I cut slash, I pull up the stumps, up to 4".
    It is a great tool that finds many uses.
    Mike

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Kubota B3200 with BH77 backhoe, Kubota B50 SSQA w/ 54" & 60" buckets, LandPride FDR1660

Default Re: anyone using a 4 in 1 FEL to plow snow

Quote Originally Posted by NHbotanut View Post
    Jim,

I have the HJ2 model. It is 60" and weighs 340lbs. I love it. I had the pressure relief valve bumped up just a bit on my tractor. I needed the bump to pick up my snowmobiles. I could lift them with the curl, but not lift them up.
    The 4in1 gets a lot of use from me. I originally got it to help spread loam and grade my front yard. I use it a lot for spreading bark mulch or picking up debris, although that takes some practice.
    I also use it a lot for grabbing brush and logs, and picking up good size rocks. When I cut slash, I pull up the stumps, up to 4".
    It is a great tool that finds many uses.
    Mike
    340 pounds isn't too bad on these sized tractors. I just got a Virnig rock bucket the other day - and it's listed as weighing in at 300 pounds. I've already used it a bit - and I think that it might be dragging down the digging ability of the FEL a little - because it's probably overbuilt a bit (thus weighing more) - and it sticks out quite a bit (leverage effect) - but it's still useable. I just wish it would "dig" a little bit more.

I'd be curious to see some pics of that 4n1 on your 7610 - do you remember how much it cost you?

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Kubota B7610HSD

Only action picture I have is this one when I was stacking up logs that pulled out before winter set in.
    Attachment 318086anyone using a 4 in 1 FEL to plow snow-stacking.jpg

I have no issues with the weight or lifting things. Actually I am always surprised at what it can lift weather it is the 4in1 bucket or the grapple.
    I think I paid around $1,800 back in 2010.

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Kioti CK 30 gear

I too have a WR Long 4 in 1. Very useful addition to my Kioti.

After I had the aux hydraulics installed for the 4 in 1, I was able to find a Meyers 7.5 plow welded to a Q/A plate. I use the WR Long hydraulics to angle the plow. I only use the 4 in1 for pushing back the snowbanks once they get too tall. I position the bucket and open the clam-shell to knock the top of the snow bank over the edge.

I only use the bucket to pile snow since the plow is so much better at clearing the snow from my driveway.

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Kubota B7610HSD

Here is the other picture that did not post.

anyone using a 4 in 1 FEL to plow snow-4in1-bucket.jpg

Tractor
    1979 Case 580C

I'd put a plow on the bucket but I'm afraid I won't be able to push it if if I get a couple storms behind. I'm not there full time so I could have 18" or more before it gets cleared. Time will tell but I'm assuming that I'll have to do it little by little with the bucket.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12