anyone using a 4 in 1 FEL to plow snow

/ anyone using a 4 in 1 FEL to plow snow #1  

TLR15

Tractor
1979 Case 580C
I know I shouldn't be thinking about plowing snow when the last of it is just melting on my road but since my machine is new to me my wheels are spinning about how to put my new toy to work.

So, is anyone plowing snow with a "clamshell"? It's basically a dozen blade so I'm hoping it will work ok. Opinions?

Thanks

/ anyone using a 4 in 1 FEL to plow snow #2  
Anything is better than a snow shovel or walk behind snowblower!

/ anyone using a 4 in 1 FEL to plow snow #4  
I've got a 30hp tractor and have a 7' snowbear plow that I picked up from Sams club for my truck. It works great- but then I can move it by hand. A dozer blade is a little heavier! I hope you have a big tractor! Look up the lift rating of your FEL and match it to your plow. People have done a lot of good things mounting plows so they angle on TBN. Look around!

/ anyone using a 4 in 1 FEL to plow snow #5  
I have the WR Long 4in1 bucket on my kubota. Never thought about using it for plowing because when I first bought my tractor I got a snow push blade. Found out why they put trip springs on snow plows!!

I would think it would work fine on a paved driveway, but I wouldn't try it on a gravel drive. Since I had the divertor valve for the grapple, I got a 6 1/2 snowplow and use the the valve for power angle.

Depending on the amount of snowfall, it takes me 2-3 passes to clear the driveway. First pass is down the left side with the plow angled to the right. Second pass is backing up with the rear blower. This throws the snow anywhere from 25' to 40' and I have no snowbanks to deal with. Anything after that would either be plowed or blown depending on the amount of snow.

I don't see why you couldn't use the 4in1, but just watch you speed, especially if plowing on gravel.

/ anyone using a 4 in 1 FEL to plow snow #6  
i have a 4 in one also to me it to heavy to plow with no plow guides and its more of a dozer blade than a snow plow, a lot of members even put a pipe on the bottom of there snow plow to stop the "digging in" the 4 in 1 has its place really a great attachment but for snow removal not really ( mine was stored all winter )

/ anyone using a 4 in 1 FEL to plow snow
I've got a 30hp tractor and have a 7' snowbear plow that I picked up from Sams club for my truck. It works great- but then I can move it by hand. A dozer blade is a little heavier! I hope you have a big tractor! Look up the lift rating of your FEL and match it to your plow.

Yes my tractor is a Case 580C. It's the only bucket I have and its not a quick release type bucket like some of the machines you guys have. I like the idea of putting a pipe on the cutting edge because I do have a gravel road.

/ anyone using a 4 in 1 FEL to plow snow #8  
Yes my tractor is a Case 580C. It's the only bucket I have and its not a quick release type bucket like some of the machines you guys have. I like the idea of putting a pipe on the cutting edge because I do have a gravel road.

You don't need a pipe just roll the bucket back a little to keep the edge from cutting in. Plowed snow for years with a bucket. I see it is a 2WD, a good set of chains and you will be good to go! CJ

/ anyone using a 4 in 1 FEL to plow snow #9  
Before we got a tractor the people who cleared our drive used a 4 in 1 to do it. One had a 4wd backhoe similar to yours and the other had a full sized john deere backhoe. one of the guys sold his snow blade and preferred the bucket set up. All I know is both of them did a great job moving 4 feet of wet compacted snow and being able to both push and scoop worked real well on our tight drive. Both used chains on all four wheels.
Tom

/ anyone using a 4 in 1 FEL to plow snow #10  
I have the WR Long 4in1 bucket on my kubota. Never thought about using it for plowing because when I first bought my tractor I got a snow push blade. Found out why they put trip springs on snow plows!!

I would think it would work fine on a paved driveway, but I wouldn't try it on a gravel drive. Since I had the divertor valve for the grapple, I got a 6 1/2 snowplow and use the the valve for power angle.

Depending on the amount of snowfall, it takes me 2-3 passes to clear the driveway. First pass is down the left side with the plow angled to the right. Second pass is backing up with the rear blower. This throws the snow anywhere from 25' to 40' and I have no snowbanks to deal with. Anything after that would either be plowed or blown depending on the amount of snow.

I don't see why you couldn't use the 4in1, but just watch you speed, especially if plowing on gravel.

Which model of the WR Long 4n1 do you have on your 7610? I'm toying with the idea of putting a 4n1 on my B3200 - I'm curious if you think the bucket is too much for the tractor (lessens the loader capacity by too much) - and how it's been working for you in general.