Snow Equipment Owning/Operating Newbie with a 3 mile snowplow challenge

/ Newbie with a 3 mile snowplow challenge #81  
   / Newbie with a 3 mile snowplow challenge #82  
It's possible that if the county really stops plowing, his best solution for the available budget may involve buying this:

closed-season.jpg

and this:

dbt00129-300x201.jpg

/ Newbie with a 3 mile snowplow challenge #84  
   / Newbie with a 3 mile snowplow challenge #85  
Of course, but if the members (or customers) aren't willing to pony up big bucks for snow removal, then those might be the breaks.

Life isn't fair.

/ Newbie with a 3 mile snowplow challenge #86  
If it's a new bi-directional articulating ag tractor with 8 ft blower, I'll eat my hat.

My county bought a New Holland TV145 and a 8 foot Schulte blower two years ago to clear a specific small group of roads.

Pickup truck plows do not cut it around here; the berms/banks build up too quick. Tractors with plows front and blowers on back, tri-axle heavy dumps with highway plows, TLB's and large dedicated loaders are the norm.

/ Newbie with a 3 mile snowplow challenge #87  
My county bought a New Holland TV145 and a 8 foot Schulte blower two years ago to clear a specific small group of roads.

Dang, I liked that hat....

/ Newbie with a 3 mile snowplow challenge #90  
I had good success with a plow... didn't matter how much snow..but we haven't seen the 3ft snow lately here. No cab... but then again..i don't slow down for much with this machine.IMG00716-20120226-1425.jpg I can offset the blow 1-2 ft to the right...(side shift..MANUAL lol)...which pushes the snow way off my 1400ft driveway. She is so heavy i've only had traction issues when the snow is 10ft pushed in front of the machine going uphill on an ice base. I'll be using it again this winter.