Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Tractor
    Mahindra 5035, JD 2240, 420

Default Re: 21HP CUT and a blower... am I dreaming?

Quote Originally Posted by cnice37 View Post

The thing is, then I'll need chains, and eventually a cab, and then I might as well add some heat and a radio, and then....
    ...... heated driveway...

Tractor
    Kubota B2320

My tractor is 23 hp (18 at the PTO) and I have the 51" kubota snowblower. I use it on a 1/4 mile gravel driveway and I love it for the deep snowfalls.
    I also use a plow for lesser amounts.

Thanks all for the excellent feedback. Looks like the 5' sold on CL so I'll be on the lookout. Based on some mfr websites, 48"-54" is right in the 17hp wheelhouse, so I'll probably be in that range unless another 5' comes up for a bargain.

The thing is, then I'll need chains, and eventually a cab, and then I might as well add some heat and a radio, and then....
    You might as well get it over with, go trade for a 30 or 40hp, cab(heat A/C, sat radio), FEL, Hydro, front mounted blower....0% interest
    TN75D, w/cab, FEL, BH
    7 1/2 ft Lucknow Blower

Elite Member
    Tractor
    JD LA115, WH 244, WH 525 hydro-pops,Original Troy Built Horse 8 HP

Thanks all for the excellent feedback. Looks like the 5' sold on CL so I'll be on the lookout. Based on some mfr websites, 48"-54" is right in the 17hp wheelhouse, so I'll probably be in that range unless another 5' comes up for a bargain.

Hedouble hockey sticks dont stop there!!!

when I started dream ordering my kubota 2360 I had:

1. Turbocharger
    2. Brotek skid belly protection
    3. Fully sound proofed cab from Canada
    4. Air conditioning
    5. Reverse air flow/positive in cab ventilation
    6. Moveable lap top desk
    7. Front and rear HID work light bars
    8. high output alternator
    9. 110/220 volt mounted generator
    10. Satellite radio
    11. Nokian rear snow tires
    12. loaded rears with WWF
    13. V lug snow and ice chains
    14. front end loader
    15. rear mounted 72 inch Pronovost 2 stage snow caster
    14. AM FM radio with CD player
    15. Short wave radio
    16. weather radio
    17. air cusioned swivel seat
    18. 3 hydraulic outlet pairs

It was fun reminiscing about my dream mule

Tractor
    jd4250..820

I run a 10' blower on a Deere using 15 HP per foot at 1000 pto...15 HP per foot seems to keep things moving....When one has the time and a creeper gear to cut small passes, you can run a blower that should be sized to wheel width......A cab is a must for all day snow blowing

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    KIOTI DK50 HST

Quote Originally Posted by JerryK View Post
    If you can lift it, and you have enough traction to push it, and the driveshaft lines up fairly well, AND if you can vary your groundspeed for the volume of snow... there is no such thing as too big of a blower. Well, maybe if you can see around it, too. You just have to make sure you don't try to stuff more snow into the thing than it can throw out at RPM. That's why God invented HST's....
    How would you know anything about snow? You guys don't get any do you?? !!! The chains work great by the way, a little cutting and welding and all's well. Thanks again Jerry. I hope we actually get a good winter this year, I am tired of all the people who moved up in the last few years complaining about how bad it is. Bring back 1978-79!! CJ
    Kioti DK50HST Cab
    401 FEL
    Saws, 338xp,346xp mod,372xp mod, 390xp, Stihl combi 130 trimmer.

Tractor
    Mahindra 5035, JD 2240, 420

We got off pretty good a year ago, but last winter we received over our average 140". I live just S/E of Boyne Mtn.. well you know where, you picked up the chains.. [ a big ski hill, not a big moutain to you moutain folks.. ]. We usually get one big snow at the first of the season, a system snow, then get daily lake effect the rest of the winter. Then another system snow in the spring. Usually get enough snow that the ground is insulated out in the woods and never get any frost to speak of. Last ten years, we still get the lake effect, but we are getting more and more of the system snows that usually hit downstate. The big thick heavy stuff.... Don't like it... But my blower is all painted up, greased, and ready to go...

Tractor
    BX24

I have a bx24 which I think is similar and I was having someone plow the driveway. Last year I got a used 5' Puma rear blower. In general it worked well and handled one snow fall that reached to the top of the blower.
    I added a winch and actuator arm to be able to rotate and direct the outlet which made things easier. Also found I needed chains both front and back. The problem comes when you get a good size snow fall overnight and in the morning it is raining with a hard freeze forecast for later in the day. It can be a mess, especially down by the road where the town plows and there is too much water in the snow for the blower to lift and throw through the chute. I needed the front bucket or a call to the plow truck to help out. Don't need no cab, its lovely out there when its pouring down and the wind is howling throwing it back at you wearing glasses and doing neck exercises dreaming of the truck you used to have.

Gold Member
    Tractor
    1947 Massey Harris 30, 1960 Massey Ferguson 35 (Perkins), 1995 TAFE 351DI, 1980 Bolens G174, 2005 Kubota B7510

I bought my 60" Lucknow from a retired CBC executive who used it for many years on a 18 hp Ford Hydro 2WD. He said it worked fine on the little tractor. I have used it on a 37 hp MF 35 and a 35 hp TAFE (with loader and cab) but this year I plan to try it on my 21 hp kubota B7510 HSD.

Tractor
    Kubota B2100

I found a very nice used Agro Trend on eBay, just gotta make the drive to get it. Will post up some pics when I do. $700 looks brand new and 48". Now I have to sell the truck to justify it...
    Kubota B2100 HSD
    FEL
    48" box blade
    Slip on forks w/ chains
    48" 3pt snowblower

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast