Snow Blower chute controls

/ Snow Blower chute controls #1  

PeterK

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota BX24 TLB
Sorry. I just spent too a lot of time writing a description and lost it when I went to add the image. So all you get is the image since I don't have the time to do it all over again. I will look back and respond later, too busy this am. This schematic will control one axis so you will need two to control both the left-right and up-down.

If you don't already have electric motors to control the chute, search the forum. This is just for controls.

I had been using DPDT momentary rocker switches and they work great, just not at my finger tips . So this prompted me to use some sort of 4-way SPST switches that I could mount on the loader control lever. I ended up using a 4-way joystick from eBay. It has 4 individual micro switches which are perfect for the task of switching the ground to the relay coil. I will mount it in a small project box and attach that to the loader arm. It needs 5 small wires to complete the ground (which energizes the appropriate relay by completing the power circuit to the relay coil.)

I am using Bosch 5-pin style relays and dual sockets from http://www.PartsExpress.com They're high amperage, actually much overrated for the window motor that I am using for rotation. But easy to find and reliable. You can also get waterproof relays if you think that you will need them. The 4 relays and fuse will mount to the left side of the center console support. Might even add an aux fuse panel if I find enough room in there.

On the business end of the wiring, I use WeatherTec connectors which plug into the harness from the blower. Makes R&R easy and these are weatherproof, important since they are outside in the elements.

Anyway, hope this schematic helps. There is a lot out there but no real wiring diagrams that I found so here's mine:

snowblowerchutecontrols.png

Last edited:
   / Snow Blower chute controls #3  
Clean and simple and inexpensive. I did much the same. Nice job.

/ Snow Blower chute controls #4  
I had made the cab many years ago, now with the blower it's great. Also added heat and back up cam. Snow Blower.jpg

/ Snow Blower chute controls #5  
Cab and heat is good. I should do the same.